Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by drhacknslash, May 4, 2016.

1. drhacknslash
    OP

drhacknslash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    Hi all,

So I was playing my retail copy of splatoon online for several hours when I end up noticing the red X on download manager. I check it and it says system update. (Thank you to everyone who helped me get blocking set up) I'm spoofed to 5.5.1, have all my games up to date, and didn't do anything to trigger the system to attempt an update. Is it normal for the system to try to do this regardless of what firmware it thinks it's on? Or is it time to sound the alarm for 5.5.2?

Thanks!

2. rw-r-r_0644

rw-r-r_0644 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2016
    Italy
    It's normal, it just mean your update blocking is correctly working

Last edited by rw-r-r_0644, May 4, 2016
    KiiWii likes this.
  3. ThatNintendoNerd

ThatNintendoNerd GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    A Cartridge
    Do you have updates blocked? And also its a system check from what I heard. 5.5.2 or 5.6 is not out according to Nintendos page.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The reason for that is because the console can tell there is an update available (it's transmitted during NNID login IIRC) but the update servers are blocked so it fails to download. It's a good sign since you know the block is working.

5. drhacknslash
    OP

drhacknslash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    I guess I just didn't expect it to recognize an update since the system thinks it's on 5.5.1 thanks to the spoof.