Apple Is this normal?

XtremeCore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!

It all started after I'd a failed jailbreak (although I succeeded at a later date) and got white screen. I manage to shut down my iPhone and turn it back on. However, it requests me to restore with iTunes. So I did so. Then, I realise that while restoring, at the "Verifying iPhone ... bla bla" part, my iPhone's screen turn white for a few seconds, before the Apple logo shows up and the restoring procedure continues. The restore process still succeeded, but I want to know if the white screen while restoring is normal, as I fear the white screen had got something to do with my failed jailbreak and had already broke the components inside the phone (since I'm an extremely paranoid person)
frown.gif

Thanks and have a nice day.

XtremeCore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
You can rest safely; the white flash is a normal part of the restore process.
smile.gif

*phew* Thanks for your reply. Makes me feel more at ease now.
biggrin.gif

Btw, can I know why there's this white screen?

I've got it when my jailbreak fail. Also, from what I've read on Wikipedia, the white screen (aka white screen of death) is mostly due to internal hardware/software error.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
As you restore, the white screen shows as the device transitions to a "ramdisk" that carries out the restore process. Why this causes a white screen to briefly flash on the device, I don't know.

XtremeCore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez. So the white screen does not always equivalents to software/hardware error. Thanks for your reply. Really appreciate it
wink.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I think Wikipedia means if the device gets stuck on a white screen.
wink.gif
But I digress... You're welcome, and I'm glad to hear everything's working fine!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr