is this normal behavior for emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by tbb043, Sep 15, 2018.

1. tbb043
    OP

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    I only installed emunand on my new 3ds Xl to get 4 swords anniv. dsi to install, never purposefully booted it since, until today.

After accidentally booting it up into emunand then shutting the system off and turning it back on to get back to sysnand, all the cia's I had installed and placed into various folders were just on the "desktop" and wrapped up again. Games with saves still seem to have their saves (fortunately). But such a pain to unwrap and re-sort everything back into the folders again.

System is on 11.6 (always has been, came on it), and so is the emunand. all my cfw stuff is up to date, as far as I know, installed it all in May following the guide, updated Luma with no problem a few weeks back. I just worry about accidentally booting emunand again and having to resort all my games and utils again. I suppose I could remove the emunand from the sd entirely, but that's probably a bad idea for various reasons.

2. bungboi

bungboi GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2017
    United States
    A good way to solve that problem is to scrap EmuNAND. Grab the 4 Swords CIA, (Use this link, make sure you're in EmuNAND SD) backup your SysNAND and your SD card to your computer, and then reformat your SD card with GodMode9's EmuNAND options to get rid of EmuNAND, (Use this link to format. Make sure you backed up your SD card!)
    Once you've done that, put all of the files back onto the SD card from the backup, boot into SysNAND, and install the 4 Swords CIA with FBI.
    If anything goes wrong, you still have your SysNAND backup on your PC with your SD card backup.

Edit: Also, backup your 4 Swords save on your EmuNAND with Checkpoint/JKSMK. Just an extra precaution.

Last edited by bungboi, Sep 15, 2018
  3. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    there is a save layout feature that saves the way you sort your games. You may wanna check that out. Also Cathulu has a option within it to auto unwrap all wrapped games.

4. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    Let go of EmuNAND and just use the SysNAND, you'll avoid many headaches. Follow this guide

5. bungboi

bungboi GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2017
    United States
    He's only using the EmuNAND for 4 Swords. Using the guide you linked would mean overwriting his SysNAND and all of his games.

6. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    Why using EmuNAND just for a single DSiWare title tho?

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  7. bungboi

bungboi GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2017
    United States
    I'm not exactly sure, but I went ahead and gave him a guide to dump the 4 Swords CIA and get rid of EmuNAND.

TurdPooCharger and zacchi4k like this.
  8. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Adding to your post, DSiWare doesn't work on EmuNAND anyhow. Something about switching from 3DS mode to DSi mode, ?? there's no CFW in DSi mode.

SCOTT0852 likes this.
  9. tbb043
    OP

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    It was just to get 4 swords to work, had to get it on via emunand, then it worked on sysnand, something about dsi ware, never could get it working my old 3ds, even though it was 100% legit right from Nintendo one of the times they gave it out.