Hacking Is this God Eater 2 translation Legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostcat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I decided to google around to try and find english God Eater 2, and came across this:
(removed)

Has anyone heard anything that might lead them to trust this guy? The download process seems pretty risky.

Alternatively, has anyone else snuck out a translation in the past few months?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After doing some googling, it looks pretty fake to me. Only information on an English patch is from that website (and youtube links from the dude from that website). No development process or proof. Of course, you could always install Sandboxie and install it on there. The only thing you've got to lose is time.

Cursed Kaiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
honestly if there are any english patch translation projects existing for God Eater 2, i really really doubt that a few people will know about it.... it'll be a very big news .......and to avoid the risk of getting fooled by fakes patches, having ideas about the names of people who are mostly behind the successful projects are a good thing, omarrrio, jamrules, stormryu, kenma, damimav, sky and so on...

i think we should make a list of legit people that makes english patches but that's only my opinion

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly if there are any english patch translation projects existing for God Eater 2, i really really doubt that a few people will know about it.... it'll be a very big news .......and to avoid the risk of getting fooled by fakes patches, having ideas about the names of people who are mostly behind the successful projects are a good thing, omarrrio, jamrules, stormryu, kenma, damimav, sky and so on...

i think we should make a list of legit people that makes english patches but that's only my opinion
That'd rule out any translations that get started by nobodies. It'd be more practical to just have a depository for translations that are in progress or completed. I wouldn't be surprised if there's already one around. Since you can't go to gamefaqs or some other website for a list of games, where they were released, and what languages they were made for when it comes to fan-translations, it'd be rather useful.

Cursed Kaiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That'd rule out any translations that get started by nobodies. It'd be more practical to just have a depository for translations that are in progress or completed. I wouldn't be surprised if there's already one around. Since you can't go to gamefaqs or some other website for a list of games, where they were released, and what languages they were made for when it comes to fan-translations, it'd be rather useful.

if i remember correctly, there is a thread in PSPISO that has a list of available/downloadable english patched games though i don't know if that thread is still alive,.... there is also nico's site where you can filter all the japanese game he uploaded that has english patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I can afford food just not the healthy kind