is this even possible

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by Team_Subspace, Mar 6, 2011.

Mar 6, 2011

is this even possible by Team_Subspace at 1:07 AM (901 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Team_Subspace
    OP

Member Team_Subspace Citizen Marsalevsky

United States
    lately i have getting tired of not having internet on my ipod touch while on the go and i started to wonder if there is any possible way to either hack a wireless hotspot on my ipod or (the even crazier thought) tweak it to have 3g... is this possible or just a crazy idea that should be forgotten?

2. metamaster

Member metamaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Hacking a hotspot that you don't have the password for is very difficult to do, and requires time and special pc software (not to mention that it's illegal). And an iPod touch can't have 3g since it physically can't. It would need a cellular radio, and that would only be possible on an iPod touch if you bought a special accessory. You would also need a sim card, which would mean you would have to pay for service.

So I'd go with your second choice.

3. leeday100196

Member leeday100196 GBAtemp's Official Infernapeā„¢

Australia
    Or the third choice: trade in your iPod and get an iPhone. It's your choice, but i assume since you only have an iPod Touch, you either don't have enough money for an iPhone or you just don't plain want one, like me (except i don't have an iPod Touch, I don't really care about the Apple franchise).

4. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    Aircrack could do it, though it's illegal and should be only used for testing your own network [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. WolfSpider

Member WolfSpider GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Get a mifi router.

6. ihackedit

Member ihackedit GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Seriously just get a phone, even if you did manage to get 3g on your iTouch it would be so lagggy with the jailbreak.

7. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    My solution: use my Android phone as a WiFi AP. Instant 3.5G internet for iDevices.

That's what I plan to do when I get an iPad2.

8. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It's what I'm doing with my iPhone. Hopefully you have more luck with your Droid phone, since currently mine won't support infrastructure mode (no NDS or PSP connectivity)

But seriously, the initial post is sad on so many levels, I want to punch somebody's baby.

9. tagzard

Banned tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

United States
    Yse Aircrack i used it and it works jyst make sure you dont get caught my school traved my ipods ip address and announced "who ever is stealing our wirless inter will be suspended and sent to the dean imeditly!" i never got caught HAHAHAHAHAHAHAJAH