Hacking Is this card a good purchase?

fiosfan927

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just would like to know if this flash cart would be a good one to buy. This would be my first flash cart for my Nintendo 3DS, though I have seen an acekard 2i in action (My friend has one) I think I will pass on it and try a different one. I talked with a few people in the chat told them my budget and they recommended this card to me over the Supercard DSTwo.

I plan on buying this from Real Hot Stuff for $18 with free shipping and an 8gig Micro SDHC Class 10 Card from Amazon for $11 dollars.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fiosfan927 said:
I just would like to know if this flash cart would be a good one to buy. This would be my first flash cart for my Nintendo 3DS, though I have seen an acekard 2i in action (My friend has one) I think I will pass on it and try a different one. I talked with a few people in the chat told them my budget and they recommended this card to me over the Supercard DSTwo.

I plan on buying this from Real Hot Stuff for $18 with free shipping and an 8gig Micro SDHC Class 10 Card from Amazon for $11 dollars.
SCDS2 is not 18 bucks egt it from dscartshop they have it for 35 bucks

fiosfan927

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess my first post was not clear enough. When I made this topic in the R4 forum I meant that I have plans to purchase this card but want to get some feedback from others if they think it's a good reliable card as well.

Luigi2011SM64 - I never said SCDS2 is $18 dollars, I had meant R4i Gold 3DS is $18 dollars.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Luigi2011SM64 said:
SCDS2 is not 18 bucks egt it from dscartshop they have it for 35 bucks

QUOTE(fiosfan927 @ Sep 26 2011, 04:59 PM) they recommended this card to me over the Supercard DSTwo.

*facepalm*

Well it's not a bad cart, for a clone... but I seriously think that the AK2i will be your better bet...

Kashif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AK2i pales in comparison to the R4i Gold from R4ids.cn. The contact issues with the Ak2i aren't worth it. Get an r4ids.cn gold. YWG Wood R4 support + a good, quick updating team+ good build quality on the actual cart=good buy.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
in the end the R4i gold is still just a crap clone

you can put sugar on a turd and call it candy, but it's really just a turd cover in sugar

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
in the end the R4i gold is still just a crap clone

you can put sugar on a turd and call it candy, but it's really just a turd cover in sugar
The R4i Gold is one of those rare good clones. So, its like candy with more sugar.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
R4i is NOT better if you have a choice to get any other card. If you can, go for Acekard2i or Supercard DSTWO. Both are very reliable.

The Acekard2i is a very nice card with fast updates and good support. It's also less expensive than $18 (I've occasionally seen it cost $12 WITH a Micro SD card). Even if you don't like it, it's a really good card.

The DS2 is, in fact, MUCH better than an R4i. It DOES shorten a DS's/DSi's/3DS's battery life (you'll have to charge it more), but 99.9% of all games with AP that stops most carts will NOT stop the DS2 from playing and saving. It's just THAT powerful. An R4i can't do that! However, it's much more expensive. But it's worth the money.

R4i is, essentially, a clone card. I've heard it's very finicky, especially in a DSi and a 3DS (since they have updates that block flash cards). It may be getting good support NOW, but as I said, it's a clone card. Clone cards have spotty support and slow updates, at best. Sometimes, you can even end up buying one and it ends up not working for no reason and no one can figure out why because support isn't getting back to you about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: Nintendo be malding at that