Is this card a good purchase?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by fiosfan927, Sep 26, 2011.

Sep 26, 2011
  1. fiosfan927
    OP

Newcomer fiosfan927 Newbie

United States
    I just would like to know if this flash cart would be a good one to buy. This would be my first flash cart for my Nintendo 3DS, though I have seen an acekard 2i in action (My friend has one) I think I will pass on it and try a different one. I talked with a few people in the chat told them my budget and they recommended this card to me over the Supercard DSTwo.

I plan on buying this from Real Hot Stuff for $18 with free shipping and an 8gig Micro SDHC Class 10 Card from Amazon for $11 dollars.

2. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    SCDS2 is not 18 bucks egt it from dscartshop they have it for 35 bucks

3. insidexdeath

Member insidexdeath .

United Kingdom
    He even posted this in the R4 section?

4. fiosfan927
    OP

Newcomer fiosfan927 Newbie

United States
    I guess my first post was not clear enough. When I made this topic in the R4 forum I meant that I have plans to purchase this card but want to get some feedback from others if they think it's a good reliable card as well.

Luigi2011SM64 - I never said SCDS2 is $18 dollars, I had meant R4i Gold 3DS is $18 dollars.

5. Memoir

Member Memoir Undeserved

United States
    *facepalm*

Well it's not a bad cart, for a clone... but I seriously think that the AK2i will be your better bet...

6. Kashif

Newcomer Kashif Advanced Member

United States
    AK2i pales in comparison to the R4i Gold from R4ids.cn. The contact issues with the Ak2i aren't worth it. Get an r4ids.cn gold. YWG Wood R4 support + a good, quick updating team+ good build quality on the actual cart=good buy.

7. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    in the end the R4i gold is still just a crap clone

you can put sugar on a turd and call it candy, but it's really just a turd cover in sugar

8. AceWarhead

Member AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

United States
    The R4i Gold is one of those rare good clones. So, its like candy with more sugar.

9. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    R4i is NOT better if you have a choice to get any other card. If you can, go for Acekard2i or Supercard DSTWO. Both are very reliable.

The Acekard2i is a very nice card with fast updates and good support. It's also less expensive than $18 (I've occasionally seen it cost $12 WITH a Micro SD card). Even if you don't like it, it's a really good card.

The DS2 is, in fact, MUCH better than an R4i. It DOES shorten a DS's/DSi's/3DS's battery life (you'll have to charge it more), but 99.9% of all games with AP that stops most carts will NOT stop the DS2 from playing and saving. It's just THAT powerful. An R4i can't do that! However, it's much more expensive. But it's worth the money.

R4i is, essentially, a clone card. I've heard it's very finicky, especially in a DSi and a 3DS (since they have updates that block flash cards). It may be getting good support NOW, but as I said, it's a clone card. Clone cards have spotty support and slow updates, at best. Sometimes, you can even end up buying one and it ends up not working for no reason and no one can figure out why because support isn't getting back to you about it.