Is this a brick? Please help!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mauroabregu, Mar 20, 2010.

1. mauroabregu
    OP

mauroabregu Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2010
    United States
    Hi everyone. Before anything sorry for my english, i'm still learning.
    I have mi wii 4.2u and i couldn´t play some backed up games so i read the "Modify any Wii on the 4.2 firmware" post made on this forum and so i followed the instructions and then, using neogamma r7 i was able to play all those games. Anyway, i've been playing the last few days with no problem at all.
    But today, while i was playing the backup of "call of duty: modern warfare [reflex]" i finished a level and the loading bar neever finished so i restart the console. After that, my wii never started, the screen is black now and the wiimote does not respond either.
    What should i do? is that a brick? can my wii be fixed?

When i modified the wii i installed the bootmii as boot2 and as ios too. I erased the SD card cause' it wasn't mine, but i copied the folder "bootmii" and the keys.bin and nand.bin files into my computer.

Is there a solution?
    Thanks

2. Servdogg

Servdogg GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2009
    United States
    I think if you put the bootmii files that you have back on an sd card, bootmii should start up when you start your wii. Then just run a nand restore on the bootmii menu and you sholud be good to go.

3. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    +1 on Servdogg's reply. This is the time the work you did for all the precautions pay off: you have a working backup. If you just put the files in a \bootmii folder on a FAT32-formatted SD-card, bootmii will boot automatically. [​IMG]

But...just out of curiosity: if you followed the guide, you probably have installed priiloader as well. Can you start that (by holding down reset while booting the wii)?

4. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    I'm not convinced that a game crashing for some reason would have bricked your Wii. Try unplugging the console for 10 minutes or longer, then trying to boot it again.