Hacking Is this a brick? Please help!!

mauroabregu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. Before anything sorry for my english, i'm still learning.
I have mi wii 4.2u and i couldn´t play some backed up games so i read the "Modify any Wii on the 4.2 firmware" post made on this forum and so i followed the instructions and then, using neogamma r7 i was able to play all those games. Anyway, i've been playing the last few days with no problem at all.
But today, while i was playing the backup of "call of duty: modern warfare [reflex]" i finished a level and the loading bar neever finished so i restart the console. After that, my wii never started, the screen is black now and the wiimote does not respond either.
What should i do? is that a brick? can my wii be fixed?

When i modified the wii i installed the bootmii as boot2 and as ios too. I erased the SD card cause' it wasn't mine, but i copied the folder "bootmii" and the keys.bin and nand.bin files into my computer.

Is there a solution?
Thanks

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think if you put the bootmii files that you have back on an sd card, bootmii should start up when you start your wii. Then just run a nand restore on the bootmii menu and you sholud be good to go.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
+1 on Servdogg's reply. This is the time the work you did for all the precautions pay off: you have a working backup. If you just put the files in a \bootmii folder on a FAT32-formatted SD-card, bootmii will boot automatically.
yaywii.gif

But...just out of curiosity: if you followed the guide, you probably have installed priiloader as well. Can you start that (by holding down reset while booting the wii)?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not convinced that a game crashing for some reason would have bricked your Wii. Try unplugging the console for 10 minutes or longer, then trying to boot it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1