Hacking is there still no safe way to update games on sx os?

ssmatt

Trophies
XP
Country
You can update games
Nintendo only checks when the game is trying to access multiplayer

There have been no bans for doing it, but data will be sent to Nintendo'd servers.

Whether or not you get banned eventually is up to them really.

But I'll stress what I always have... don't do this is unless you don't care about playing online at all. It will most likely come back to bite you.

chauduong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the SX OS yesterday. Here's what I've been doing.

Go into SX OS, select my backup game then I get popped out to the main menu. Instead of playing it, I hit '+' while the game is selected and pick the option to update it. (I guess this is updating software while in CFW?). After the update is done, I don't launch the game, I just go back into the Album, select the next game and repeated these steps until everything is updated. Didn't turn on airplane mode or erase wifi settings. There is NOTHING on Nintendo's network I care about so if I get banned from their eShop or playing online, I COULD CARE LESS.
how could u updated those games if u didnt' turn on airplane mode?

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how could u updated those games if u didnt' turn on airplane mode?

Not sure I understand your question. My Switch is on my wi-fi network and not blocked at the router. I carried out the steps exactly like I said. If airplane mode was on, the Switch's wireless card would be turned off and I wouldn't be able to update. I never messed with airplane mode. I might be banned..... never bothered trying to play Mario Kart on-line or going into the eShop ever since getting SX OS. If I get bored some night, I'll try connecting to eShop.

Kukielka

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can update games
Nintendo only checks when the game is trying to access multiplayer
Yea, no.
What about all the guys that got wrecked by LayeredFS? What about the guys that downloaded from CDN? What about all the random bans for ppl, that just backed their save-data up?

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, no.
What about all the guys that got wrecked by LayeredFS? What about the guys that downloaded from CDN? What about all the random bans for ppl, that just backed their save-data up?

Please read the posts before mine to get some context. You sound like a complete ignorant person right now
Obviously we were talking about updating XCIs only

Last edited by jakkal,

Kukielka

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Please read the posts before mine to get some context. You sound like a complete ignorant person right now
Obviously we were talking about updating XCIs only
You wern't talking to anyone. You just made a blanket statement which is wrong.
Use quote the next time you are referencing something/someone.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wern't talking to anyone. You just made a blanket statement which is wrong.
Use quote the next time you are referencing something/someone.
youre in a thread about updating XCI games.
take a guess...what do you think I was talking about?

please give it a rest, you failed to comprehend what the thread was about

simple

Last edited by jakkal,

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
I got banned with tx is. Updated games but never played online. Airplane mode on when using tx is. Nintendo have learnt from 3ds mistakes. If pirating you will get banned....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drban789

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can I install the NSP DLC Japanese Audio for certain games such as Xenoblade 2 using Devmenu on my existing XCI game?

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What about all the random bans for ppl, that just backed their save-data up?

This happened? I loaded Check Point once on one my Switches purely to restore a save. Its been 100% legit other than that. Won't be too happy if I get banned for that.

KK31184

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I have had SX OS since the 26th of June, and have downloaded 17 games and have updated all of them on OFW. Haven't been ban yet. Still playing fortnite on OFW every other day and play all my pirated games on CFW with airplane mode on. I have a second switch if I do get ban but am not worried at all. I know I will be ban eventually. I also use 2 different sd card, one for official games and the other for my pirated games.

Last edited by KK31184,

Kukielka

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This happened? I loaded Check Point once on one my Switches purely to restore a save. Its been 100% legit other than that. Won't be too happy if I get banned for that.
Yup, ppl have been banned for the most basic stuff, it's rare tho.

stevenlee85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I just bought nintendo switch. I am new in SX OS, I installed it through SX pro and it worked. So far I installed downloaded game and update through the official server. Still no sign to get banned.
Just for sharing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up