ROM Hack Is there somthing wrong with my AceKard2i (Pkm B/W)

LordZenr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the past few days I've been trying to get Pokemon Black or White to play on my AceKard2i(Running AKAIO 1.7.1) that I got in the mail a few weeks ago. I've used multiple clean roms, patches, and most recently the exp/English patch. Everything goes fine while Professor Araragi is talking but after picking my gender and name it just goes to a black screen. I've heard other people have played it on the 2i and I haven't heard of anyone running into the same problem I am. What am I doing wrong?

Ray_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the same problem so your not the only one
i tried multiple solutions none worked so far
hate2.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LordZenr said:
I would almost guarantee it is your SD card causing the issues. The PNY cards with the Japan label are supposed to be pretty good. Yours is a Taiwan product with no run number. It could be a fake, ghost run or just a cheap Taiwan product.

The Japanese product looks like this
4421261%20PNY%20Technologies%204GB%20Micro%20SD%20Card%20Model%20P-SDU4GB4-EFBG.jpg

Vartio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
LordZenr said:
I would almost guarantee it is your SD card causing the issues. The PNY cards with the Japan label are supposed to be pretty good. Yours is a Taiwan product with no run number. It could be a fake, ghost run or just a cheap Taiwan product.

4421261%20PNY%20Technologies%204GB%20Micro%20SD%20Card%20Model%20P-SDU4GB4-EFBG.jpg

Is this type good? (I'll try to position everything according to the thing, but I can't get a picture at the moment)

MICRO ^
......SD 4
[.HC.]

.....4GB
CO4G TAIWAN (Small Print)

Kingston
SDC4/4GB 37 FCC T

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vartio said:
Mantis41 said:
LordZenr said:

Is this type good? (I'll try to position everything according to the thing, but I can't get a picture at the moment)

MICRO ^
......SD 4
[.HC.]

.....4GB
CO4G TAIWAN (Small Print)

Kingston
SDC4/4GB 37 FCC T
Once again cheaper Taiwan model and could actually be anything underneath.

Ray_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if i switch into a 2gb sandisk it will work

cause i dont wanna go buy one and end up not working

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ray_ said:
so if i switch into a 2gb sandisk it will work

cause i dont wanna go buy one and end up not working
General rule: The smaller the card the better the random access speed will be.

This means that if you are only using a 2GB card you have a better chance of having a budget card working well.

If you want a 4GB card to work properly you will need to be a little careful as things can be a little hit and miss at this size and you could end up wasting your money.

For 8GB and above be paranoid. I would only purchase one of about four different cards at this size. I would not want to risk my money on anything else.
wink.gif

Edit: DO NOT BUY A CARD MADE IN TAIWAN

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol