Homebrew Question is there some kind of xci to nsp convertor app out there !?

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok. Non-issue for me. I have a 400GB microSD. Lol

Is there a true universal disadvantage though? I mean yeah it takes more time to install, but how often do you install a game? E.g. I will install Mario kart only once. So install times are also a non-issue to me.
I think that install time is a non-problem with devmenu at least (dunno the install times with sx os or tinfoil), it's not like the 3DS that would take 30 minutes to install a 8gb CIA, the install times with devmenu were very fast (1 to 2minutes to install a 13gb game).
Other than space management and a "for sure you will be CDN banned if you try to update a digital only game without buying it using the switch itself" there's no great con from using NSP.
But also, there's no great con also while using XCI dumps other than having to load the game before launching it.

Reactions: Erol

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Other than space management and a "for sure you will be CDN banned if you try to update a digital only game without buying it using the switch itself"

Ok Thanks. Will you also be CDN banned if you install an update for a NSP game that’s also available as a cart bases game? Or does it only apply to digital-only games?

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok Thanks. Will you also be CDN banned if you install an update for a NSP game that’s also available as a cart bases game? Or does it only apply to digital-only games?
I dunno if your switch will inform nintendo that you are updating a digital install/cart so I can't answer this one.
But digital only games surely are an easy target to log filtering and cross reference with eShop system.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just googled for a converter, found this thread as well as github for "XCI2TitleConverter", has anyone tried this out yet?
Currently away from my backups but will try it later if not.

Edit: This was not the program I thought it was. :(

Last edited by usernametaken,

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

There’s no need to connect to the internet and download updates from Nintendo anyway.

If you can find XCI’s and NSP’s, then you’ll get the updates and DLC from the same places. Just install them like any other NSP and stay offline.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Bumped a three months old thread to give a bad recommendation. Thats dedication.

Use this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/official-4nxci-a-tool-for-converting-xci-to-nsp.515341/

and this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/legal-nsp-splitter-for-fat32.520213/

If you need a key.dat file google: key dat maxconsole and get all the key you'll ever need (until Ns next firmware release).

If you dont know how to use commandline, or install python, or write python, or py, or python3 or maybe py3 in the commandline (who knows at this point - I use Win XP in a virtual maschine and defined my own path variable..;) ), solve that. If you get all flustered, that 4nxci trows an error message for every key it doesnt know - dont. As long as you've got the two ore three correct ones in your key.dat (all public keys at this point ;) ), it will run as it is supposed to.

Both of those tools are newer and under active development.

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: SaulFemm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn