Hacking Is there really a R4 flash chip shortage?

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheat mode(you can also change cheats in game) slow motion, auto set save to 512KB but you can change to correct saver size, Full skinning(you couldn't skin the top screen previously),etc. ROMS haven't changed they all run fine still and download play is the same(works with 3rd party games but not official Nintendo ones). Some more SC-ONE owners can fill in the gaps. When I remember some more Ill post em.

CSD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
roboz,

I just received some discouraging news. I emailed DealExtreme asking when my order will ship and got the following reply:

The R4 is out of stock now, and I'm not sure it will be available, sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
If you can't wait, please let me know, I'll cancel your order and refund you.

I immediately fired off another email asking why it says that my order is packaged and ready to ship on the site. I'm waiting for their reply, but I fear the worst.

Just in case, I'm going to start looking for alternative online stores.

cry.gif
Did u get the reply yet i dont want a suparcard
cry.gif
. Well anybody know if M3's are in stock.

No they are not in stock geuss i have to research some new flashcarts hows the supercard compatibility with roms and other things

Yeah, they assured me it wasn't in stock and they wouldn't know when it would be and issued a full refund. I suggest you email them. Your experience may be different.

CSD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd email them to make sure. The person who responded to me said that the order status is automatically updated.

I hope they really did ship it, though.

boo1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo has opened lawsuit to R4 in China...
Currently R4 was sold £30+ in China
Hopeless to get cheap R4s...
Just told by R4 guys.

diggyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"We have just received the message this morning from M3 and R4 team that due to the delay of PCB, M3 DS and R4 will keep delay till 31st,July."
from bamboogaming.com

its bamboogaming.com a good store to buy from?

CSD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My order just now shipped from Gameyeeeah. They have the R4/Kingston 1GB (Jap) combo for about $53. Not the cheapest price, but it's pretty good. Airmail shipping is $5.50, but I went with the $20 DHL shipping.

JetBlckHrt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered my R4 off amazon for my B-day, and "apparently" my dad got an e-mail saying that they were out of stock and they will be shipping it much later then expected. he usually plays these tricks on me, but could this actually be true? I was very shocked when I saw this topic, please say it aint so!!!

roboz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has opened lawsuit to R4 in China...
Currently R4 was sold £30+ in China
Hopeless to get cheap R4s...
Just told by R4 guys.
As i said before Nintendo has nothing to sue against R4. The only thing R4 does is trash your warranty and you cant sue them for that, its the person's choice to decide weather or not if they want to use it.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just received 2 R4DS's in the post this week from a UK seller - very cheap t0o, at £19 each + a few bob P&P
yaynds.gif

I must have got lucky, cos I just noticed the dreaded "3-5 days" stock-out warning.......

Wez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The R4 doesn't even void the warrenty (unless you're flashing your DS, or end up bricking it)

There's many arguments on how legal the R4 is, ive seen a few say the R4 is like a DVD player, and that its up to the user to watch legit DVD's or buy pirated ones.

Infact the R4 is more like a blank CD.
I cannot see any way in which Nintendo can sue R4 at all.

roboz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ive seen a few say the R4 is like a DVD player
That was me and you could say that it is pretty much like blank media. Doesnt mean that they should take out blank media disc out of your local best buy just because you can use it to put movies or isos on it some people surprisingly use it to put family videos on.

Also why isnt Nintendo targeting other flashcarts like the cyclods, M3, or DS-X. Just because the R4ds.net site is down and stock is running low dosnt mean that they got sued. It could be just that there is a low shipment of PCBs like someone above said. M3 stocks are also low doesnt mean they also got sued.

I think we should have a poll on what people think happend to the R4ds.net site and about the low stock of R4's. Give me some choices if you think it is a good thread starter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson