Homebrew Is there anyway to potentially enable Wii U Gamepad Support the New Nintendo 3DS with Homebrew?

epicmartin7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So by the title of this, I might sound a tad crazy with this question :P. Don't worry though, as there is some legitimacy with this question and not just some weird request. Even though this isn't a request question, it's more of a "is this possible" kind of dilemma.

Anyways, here's some background info to what my question is.

Did you know that the New Nintendo 3DS has the hardware necessary to be a Wii U Gamepad?

The New Nintendo 3DS contains:

- C-Stick
- Amiibo NFC Reader
- IR Sensor (Presumably for controlling the TV)
- ZL and ZR Buttons
- Wireless Communication

Most importantly though, the chip that decodes HTML5 videos when played back in the Internet Browser can also accept and decrypt the same signal the Wii U Gamepad accepts from the Wii U Console.

“So hackers were able to find out more about hardware of New Nintendo 3DS and they confirmed what they suspected, N3DS (h)as a video decoder which supports [the] same H264 video format which is used for Wii U for streaming to [the] gamepad and in N3DS is used for viewing videos in HTML5.

I suspect that Nintendo might in future introduce a feature to stream Wii U games to N3DS.”

However, this feature has yet to be used and its unknown whether or not Nintendo will add it in a future update.

To give you the gist of it, the NN3DS has the hardware necessary to function as a Wii U Gamepad. My question is, would it be possible to enable this functionality with the use of Homebrew at all?

I know the Wii U Gamepad's hardware is wide open and heavily decrypted already, so it should be easily be possible to do (unless I'm missing something.)

EDIT: Great, I misspelled the title of this thread :P. At least people will still get the gist of it I guess xD.

Last edited by epicmartin7,
Reactions: Caseyfam

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
So by the title of this, I might sound a tad crazy with this question :P. Don't worry though, as there is some legitimacy with this question and not just some weird request. Even though this isn't a request question, it's more of a "is this possible" kind of dilemma.

Anyways, here's some background info to what my question is.

Did you know that the New Nintendo 3DS has the hardware necessary to be a Wii U Gamepad?

The New Nintendo 3DS contains:

- C-Stick
- Amiibo NFC Reader
- IR Sensor (Presumably for controlling the TV)
- ZL and ZR Buttons
- Wireless Communication

Most importantly though, the chip that decodes HTML5 videos when played back in the Internet Browser can also accept and decrypt the same signal the Wii U Gamepad accepts from the Wii U Console.

However, this feature has yet to be used and its unknown whether or not Nintendo will add it in a future update.

To give you the gist of it, the NN3DS has the hardware necessary to function as a Wii U Gamepad. My question is, would it be possible to enable this functionality with the use of Homebrew at all?

I know the Wii U Gamepad's hardware is wide open and heavily decrypted already, so it should be easily be possible to do (unless I'm missing something.)

EDIT: Great, I misspelled the title of this thread :P. At least people will still get the gist of it I guess xD.
we've got something similar, like the 3DS being able to be used for Smash wii u as a controller

epicmartin7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about the other screens though. that would mean the top screen would stay black, wii u gamepad-wise
Well technically speaking, it would be impossible to stream the TV screen to the NN3DS without any other special kind of hardware. Unless a person who made an app to use this functionality put the Wii U Gamepad's video feed on the top screen and just made the bottom touch screen have no picture, but still be able to use touch screen controls instead.

Although this could go so many ways :P. We'll just have to find out if this is even technically possible first xD.

Last edited by epicmartin7,

epicmartin7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U gamepads use 5GHz Wifi Direct for receiving the video feed. The 3DS only supports 2.4GHz Wifi. So no, not possible.
Well, the video decoder chip in the New Nintendo 3DS is able to support the same H264 video format as the Wii U Gamepad. Wouldn't that still be enough for it to at least get a decent signal?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, the video decoder chip in the New Nintendo 3DS is able to support the same H264 video format as the Wii U Gamepad. Wouldn't that still be enough for it to at least get a decent signal?
That's not really how it works. The Wii U Gamepad actually bases 100% of its communication on the 5Ghz wireless band which the 3DS can't even physically see. So video decoding has nothing to do with it.

arse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

No. You won't get any signal. It's a completely different wireless band

It's like trying to pick up FM radio on one that only supports AM wavelengths.

It's impossible. Sorry.

epicmartin7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not really how it works. The Wii U Gamepad actually bases 100% of its communication on the 5Ghz wireless band which the 3DS can't even physically see. So video decoding has nothing to do with it.
No. You won't get any signal. It's a completely different wireless band.

It's impossible. Sorry.

Alright. That had me confused just a little bit. I didn't even know what kind of wireless signal the 3DS had :P. Thanks for letting me know!

D

Deleted-236924

Not to mention the difference in screen resolutions. If it were possible, you would get a very bad picture on the touch screen as it would be scaling down to a much smaller resolution.

Reactions: epicmartin7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol