Hacking Is there anyway I can load Wii ISOs as channels?

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As stated, I want to know if I can kind of assign a channel slot to a Wii ISO (say Monster Hunter Tri in this case) so I dont have to boot up a USB Loader in order to play the game. Kind of like how you can assign some Homebrew as channels for faster access. Also, while im here, how exactly do I assign USB Loader GX to a channel, if its already posted then a link if you could :)

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country
You are wanting the C.R.A.P channel creator which ill link for you simply tell it what loader your using when you select the iso to load and it will create a channel.

http://gbatemp.net/t...hannel-creator/

Edit: quick link to the Rar file where its located on their main site now http://www.wiidewii.com/data/CrapV3.3b.rar

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought there was a way from you to make a channel with WBFS manager too.
Maybe that is just a link from the HomeBrew channel though

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For USB Loader GX as a channel, you have two choices:

- The standalone channel (the loader is installed on the Wii NAND).
- The forwarder channel (the loader is on SD or USB, the channel boot the file located there).

Both channels already exists and are available with each official releases :
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/downloads/list

Look inside the "All in one IOS249" pack.
in the WAD folder, you will have:
Channel UNLR (the standalone channel)
channel UNEO (the Forwarder channel)

Install the one you want, but remember that standalone channels are only released on stable version (2.3, 3.0, 3.1 etc.), no beta at all.
while the forwarder allows you to update the version/revision quickly by replacing the boot.dol on the SD card.

The forwarder channel is also used to "Return to USB Loader GX" when exiting a game.

Offtopic, somehow:

The channel mode of USB Loader GX is not good enough?
You know that with Priiloader installed, you can automatically launch USB Loader GX on Wii boot, and you arrives directly on the Channel mode.
You need only to launch the game you want, like if it was an installed channel on your Wii.

install the UNEO channel on the Wii (with Wad Manager)
Install the Forwarder dol (on the wad folder of the All-in-one pack) on the Priiloader menu, and select to autoboot to installed dol.

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country
For USB Loader GX as a channel, you have two choices:

- The standalone channel (the loader is installed on the Wii NAND).
- The forwarder channel (the loader is on SD or USB, the channel boot the file located there).

Both channels already exists and are available with each official releases :
http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

Look inside the "All in one IOS249" pack.
in the WAD folder, you will have:
Channel UNLR (the standalone channel)
channel UNEO (the Forwarder channel)

Install the one you want, but remember that standalone channels are only released on stable version (2.3, 3.0, 3.1 etc.), no beta at all.
while the forwarder allows you to update the version/revision quickly by replacing the boot.dol on the SD card.
As far as i understood from the question, it was for How can i boot Monster Hunter Tri without going through USB loader and just going from the wii menu. As stated.

'I want to know if I can kind of assign a channel slot to a Wii ISO (say Monster Hunter Tri in this case) so I dont have to boot up a USB Loader in order to play the game.'

Sly 3 4 me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used C.R.A.P to also create a channel for Monster Hunter Tri. It works well, yet not as well as it used to when I was running it through a different loader. When loading it through USB Loader GX it seems to show the screen that pops up before initiating the forwarder or the homebrew app (The mounting USB, loading IOS, etc). I found it strange as it never did that before, yet it works fine, simply a few extra seconds before the game loads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1