Homebrew Is there anything out there that reduces the temperatures

hdhani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still new to the switch, played some crash team racing and after a short while the back gets warm to touch.

Any homebrew out there to improve the temperatures of the device?

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you could use sys-clk or freebird to downclock the cpu/gpu to lower power usage which in term lower the temp. but i wouldn't worry to much about it. its normal for it to warm up on games that put it though its passe

hdhani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Underclock, hardmod (better tim, more holes), ac

More holes? You want me to drill holes into my switch? :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you could use sys-clk or freebird to downclock the cpu/gpu to lower power usage which in term lower the temp. but i wouldn't worry to much about it. its normal for it to warm up on games that put it though its passe

Thanks! I'll look them up.

Zuzuooloo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing that would make the Switch run cooler/reduce temperatures is to undervolt the system or doing some repasting with new thermal paste/liquid metal

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Welders Gloves - you can play for hours and won't feel a thing.

Remember the screen is on and produces light - light=heat. If you want to lower the temp, turn the brightness down.

Last edited by mrdude,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the only thing that would make the Switch run cooler/reduce temperatures is to undervolt the system or doing some repasting with new thermal paste/liquid metal
To be fair we have seen hacks before to portable games (example http://www.dwedit.org/dwedit_board/viewtopic.php?id=480 ) that change some things about the game's code to cause them to use less CPU and throttle down better) and for all I know the makers of the OP's game of choice were a bunch of crack smokers that made poor choices (ask anybody that handles either making "backups" run, does ROM hacks down to assembly level or otherwise has cause to look at code about the general quality of code or notable howlers they encountered) in their coding.

I would agree that under clocking or dropping voltages, and increasing physical heat removable capabilities would be the easier, certainly easier in general, way of doing things but I do have to note the above.

Zuzuooloo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya