Hacking is there any way to soft reset gba games?

sm1988

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my ewin expansion pak today(thanks to Bri for the advice
wink.gif
) and I was wondering has anybody figiured out a way to soft reset games to the ewin menu and then back to the dstt menu?

apocalypticvisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sm1988 said:
I just got my ewin expansion pak today(thanks to Bri for the advice
wink.gif
) and I was wondering has anybody figiured out a way to soft reset games to the ewin menu and then back to the dstt menu?
you can't, the gba flashcart doesn't allow you to run back to the ysmenu/dstt menu. some software/hardware mux up that doesn't allow it to happen since once it goes to gba, it turns off slot1

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, you can boot GBA mode from DS mode but not the other way around.

You can use Boot-O-Matic Advance to add soft-reset capability to most commercial games, which will at least let you rest the game itself, though I'm not entirely sure how well this works with modern slot-2 expansion packs.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I imagine that if it were possible, you'd need to be careful about soft-resetting out of a GBA game, because you could potentially lose your saves that are stored in the SRAM of your slot2 GBA expansion cart.

Saves are stored on the slot2 GBA expansion cart until you reboot the NDS (i.e. turn it off and back on) at which time they are saved to the slot1 cart.

If you managed to soft-reset a GBA game back to the menu, then ran another GBA game, the SRAM of the GBA expansion cart would be overwritten by the new save.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1