Hacking Is there any way to remap 3DS buttons with A9LH?

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Here you go! Just a note though; you do lose the Y button with this setup. If you want to play a game that uses it, you'll have to reboot first to reset the HID process.
Thank you a lot! It works perfectly, and it's pretty easy to activate. This makes a lot of GBC games more comfortable to play. I'll spread it around!

Reactions: Halvorsen and Viri

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you go! Just a note though; you do lose the Y button with this setup. If you want to play a game that uses it, you'll have to reboot first to reset the HID process.
Wowies, I was looking for something exactly like that. I couldn't even get NTR to work properly, but apparently this program just works with Luma, no NTR required. I just wish Y worked :P

I wish Nintendo just added button mapping to their new games. OOT/MM and Kirby games are so annoying without it.

MonMonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I actually found this thread while looking up to see if it was possible for other reasons. I played around with Kazo's InputRedirectionNTR code, and found out that it can be done, and actually got it to work with the combo you wanted (L+B = R). I've posted the CIA here, and the code is here if anyone else wants to look at it. My changes are in injector/source/injected.s.
tried it with Gateway latest Emunand..not working
btw am using o3ds

mcaboosec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wowies, I was looking for something exactly like that. I couldn't even get NTR to work properly, but apparently this program just works with Luma, no NTR required. I just wish Y worked :P

I wish Nintendo just added button mapping to their new games. OOT/MM and Kirby games are so annoying without it.

Not sure what I was thinking when I made that one. :unsure: This one moves Y to A. So, B = A, Y = B, and A = Y.

Get Luma and never look back https://3ds.guide/

Agreed. I've never used Gateway EmuNAND, but I did some tests with Corbenik; this doesn't work if svcBackdoor isn't patched back in. Luma has an option for this.

Attachments

• ButtonSwapNTR.zip
    370.1 KB · Views: 279

TehJim08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure what I was thinking when I made that one. :unsure: This one moves Y to A. So, B = A, Y = B, and A = Y.

Agreed. I've never used Gateway EmuNAND, but I did some tests with Corbenik; this doesn't work if svcBackdoor isn't patched back in. Luma has an option for this.
Is there anyway you could create a CIA file where the Zl and Zr buttons are switched with the L and R buttons on the N3DS?
That would be greatly appreciated if possible

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country

This is really fantastic, you should make a thread for it to make sure it gets the attention it deserves. It improves Kirby Triple Deluxe immensely for me.

mcaboosec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What i need to patch in your code to map Start+Select to HomeButton? (is home mappable at all?)
I don't think home is mappable. If I remember right, it is handled by a different part of the hardware (as well as the power button).
This is really fantastic, you should make a thread for it to make sure it gets the attention it deserves. It improves Kirby Triple Deluxe immensely for me.
I've been meaning to do some more work on it, but I would like to create a thread with some instruction on how it works and what to do to create your own mappings. I'd really like to make it more easily customizable, but I need to figure out how the injector works to make that happen. My original goal when starting to work on this was swapping ZL/ZR with L/R for MH Generations, since I have the hunting grip for it. But, I'm not exactly sure how or where to hook the ir:rst process for it yet.

Basically, I'm a bit stuck moving forward atm; I haven't done a lot of reverse engineering. But I'll try to get something written up. :) Would it be best to post it here or over in homebrew dev?

Last edited by mcaboosec,

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I don't think home is mappable. If I remember right, it is handled by a different part of the hardware (as well as the power button).

I've been meaning to do some more work on it, but I would like to create a thread with some instruction on how it works and what to do to create your own mappings. I'd really like to make it more easily customizable, but I need to figure out how the injector works to make that happen. My original goal when starting to work on this was swapping ZL/ZR with L/R for MH Generations, since I have the hunting grip for it. But, I'm not exactly sure how or where to hook the ir:rst process for it yet.

Basically, I'm a bit stuck moving forward atm; I haven't done a lot of reverse engineering. But I'll try to get something written up. :) Would it be best to post it here or over in homebrew dev?
It's kinda more convenient to post it in homebrew dev section (tutorial section?) but I may be wrong.
Anyway, would seem kinda interesting if we could remap buttons to widgets (as they're supported in NTR CFW 3.4p3). We'll see

mcaboosec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I was thinking. I'll get a post up this week. That should motivate me to actually write something. ;)
Could a similar thing be done to map circle pad movement to d-pad? This would save a lot of lives in Pokemon... Hatching eggs on the circle pad's a pain!

I was just looking into some of the other injector code, and I think this should be possible. I'm planning on looking into the c-pad and touchscreen tomorrow evening.

Rich_venom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Hello, I downloaded the file and installed, my A button it's dead and I want to extraxt the save from all my games, but I don't know how to make work your cia file... I want to open JKSM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work