Hacking Is there any way to region unlock the PS4's DVD player?

AlexiCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some DVD's that I want to watch, but the PS4 doesn't allow you to watch DVD's with a region code that doesn't match your own. You can change the region code, but you're limited to 4 region changes. Is there any way to remove this restriction or reset the number of allowed region changes for DVD's on an exploited console? Would appreciate some help, thanks.

Archer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you can't remove the restriction on PS4 but you can convert the DVD to region-free. Tools like MakeMKV, WinX DVD Ripper can help.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, you can't remove the restriction on PS4 but you can convert the DVD to region-free. Tools like MakeMKV, WinX DVD Ripper can help.

Wow necro bump. It may be possible through FTP to reset or alter configuration. I will ask around. Idk how I didn’t see this post before now, but two years later: we may find a solution. :rofl2:

Reactions: laz305

AlexiCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat, I'd forgotten all about this post. Funny coincidence that it came back up the same week that I decided to come back and browse some posts ^_^

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I know how region free is done on the ps3. the ps4, I dunno. you'd probably have to patch one of the flash files. they're encrypted though, so you'd need those keys that only the inner circle has I'd imagine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7