Homebrew is there any way to port simple games made with unity on to the 3ds

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well its kinda hard to make a game with out using a program like is so can you port games made with this on to 3ds homebrew

D

Deleted User

This is gonna be wild speculation, but maybe when Wind-up Knight 2 releases for the 3DS (one of the first Unity games for the 3DS by the way) perhaps there's a chance that we could unpack the game's files, find some scripts/models, change the look and the mechanics of the game by editing those said scripts/models, and then repack it afterwards?

90% I think that probably wouldn't be possible. :sad:

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If only Nintendo did something like ps mobile, before that got canned too. Allowing indies to publish games without developer licenses was awesome for that short amount of time, if Nintendo ever did something like that, what you're asking would be a lot easier.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
If only Nintendo did something like ps mobile, before that got canned too. Allowing indies to publish games without developer licenses was awesome for that short amount of time, if Nintendo ever did something like that, what you're asking would be a lot easier.
eh is just theres a bunch of exe games i got that are like 2d could they run on the 3ds

D

Deleted User

If only Nintendo did something like ps mobile
PSM got nuked because of the Rejuvenate hack (Allowing for native Vita usermode homebrew), and Nintendo would just be creating a whole lot more trouble for themselves, which will only add a lot more to what has already been achieved in the 3DS hacking scene...
The closure of PSM hit Sony and existing PSM users quite hard if I'm honest, with users now not being able to redownload their paid PSM apps due to non-existant PSM servers now.
And if Nintendo create something similar to PSM, and new security holes get found in the software which lead to new exploits, just like PSM, practically the same thing will happen. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSM got nuked because of the Rejuvenate hack (Allowing for native Vita usermode homebrew), and Nintendo would just be creating a whole lot more trouble for themselves, which will only add a lot more to what has already been achieved in the 3DS hacking scene...
The closure of PSM hit Sony and existing PSM users quite hard if I'm honest, with users now not being able to redownload their paid PSM apps due to non-existant PSM servers now.
And if Nintendo create something similar to PSM, and new security holes get found in the software which lead to new exploits, just like PSM, practically the same thing will happen. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I meant for what he is asking, to transfer unity games to 3ds. I know allowing indie development like that would lead to a load of trouble for 3ds, but in all honesty, I think it's already in trouble with homebrew. The slew of cfw for it already is the proof.

Reactions: Deleted User

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Sony already decided to kill PSM before rejuvenate was publicly available, @yifan_lu only released it to the public (the first PoC appeared as early as fall 2012) as DevAssistant was going to be revoked anyway.

Last edited by lefthandsword,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-