Homebrew How can I port a PC app to the 3DS?

Aless08

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I would like to port an application to the 3DS, it's a portable version, so all the files are by default installed in a .zip file. Is there an easy way to port it to the 3DS? It's a lightweight but slightly complex application, it's a game engine but it includes a game launcher for games created with that engine and it uses a run.exe file, the game itself and the launcher. You play the game by uploading it to the launcher and starting it thanks to the run.exe file.

• Haha
Reactions: Winduss

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offence, but the fact that you even ask this questions means you do not have the skills to convert it.

Short answer to help you out: Most likely not
at least they aren't one of those guys who just ebegs for people to port X game for them, that's progress.

OP, it sounds like you're describing something similar to ScummVM, so what you're gonna want to do is reverse engineer the engine and then once you have all that logic and stuff implemented on the 3ds the rest should just work, since inside the launcher and run.exe will be an interpreter for a scripting language that you just rewrote the emulator for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol