Hacking Is there any way to bring back all my installed .cia files after a system transfer?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent a good part of my day installing arm9loader onto my 3DS which I did so successfully. On the source 3DS that had all my games installed they are gone in the folder I keep them in but if I go into data management they show up there but they are dark with an X over each one. I did manage to backup my titlekeys before doing the system transfer, could I use that to restore the .cia files or do I have to reinstall all of them?

Also did I lose my gamesaves associated with all those games?

Ten Pound Cow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent a good part of my day installing arm9loader onto my 3DS which I did so successfully. On the source 3DS that had all my games installed they are gone in the folder I keep them in but if I go into data management they show up there but they are dark with an X over each one. I did manage to backup my titlekeys before doing the system transfer, could I use that to restore the .cia files or do I have to reinstall all of them?

Also did I lose my gamesaves associated with all those games?
Hmm... Maybe you should try putting those CIA's back into your SD card and try to install them again with a title manager. The games should still be installed, so your 3DS should say that and won't bother installing anything. Try that and see how it goes.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... Maybe you should try putting those CIA's back into your SD card and try to install them again with a title manager. The games should still be installed, so your 3DS should say that and won't bother installing anything. Try that and see how it goes.
Thanks for responding but it turns out I have to reinstall everything all over again. The worst part is the save data for the games arent carried over either, it seems to completely write over everything which is why I thought ahead and backed up my saves for the games I recently played. Its gonna take awhile but I guess I'll reinstall everything again.

Ten Pound Cow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for responding but it turns out I have to reinstall everything all over again. The worst part is the save data for the games arent carried over either, it seems to completely write over everything which is why I thought ahead and backed up my saves for the games I recently played. Its gonna take awhile but I guess I'll reinstall everything again.
Ahh, I'm sorry to hear that, but thankfully you had to foresight to back up your saves. At least you have A9L now. :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Your save files are on the target 3DS now, right? So if you still want them on the source 3DS you'll just need to dump everything with JK's Save Manager and restore it on the source 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout