Hacking Is there any Universal Boot Loaders out there?

Azadar

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have to give it up to all those who are making the Wii the best homebrew console on earth right now.. But just recently I was having some issues with some of my games and thought it would be nice to have a univeral loader for games and homebrew. So i did a little research (so if im wrong forgive me) but what I found was that there are numerous loaders for Wii iso's and im using Configurable USBloader right now. However none of them will allow you to play

Gamecube or Wii-ware games from within the menu structure. Does anyone know if this is possible with any other laoder?

Seems it would be possible since Gamecube Iso's can play in the wii fine, as well as SD card Wii-ware games.

Id like a universal loader where I can install from PC or Wii Wii, Gamecube, and Wii-Ware wads, isos, etc.. Does this exist??

Thanks in advance.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Azadar said:
Have to give it up to all those who are making the Wii the best homebrew console on earth right now.. But just recently I was having some issues with some of my games and thought it would be nice to have a univeral loader for games and homebrew. So i did a little research (so if im wrong forgive me) but what I found was that there are numerous loaders for Wii iso's and im using Configurable USBloader right now. However none of them will allow you to play

Gamecube or Wii-ware games from within the menu structure. Does anyone know if this is possible with any other laoder?

Seems it would be possible since Gamecube Iso's can play in the wii fine, as well as SD card Wii-ware games.

Id like a universal loader where I can install from PC or Wii Wii, Gamecube, and Wii-Ware wads, isos, etc.. Does this exist??

Thanks in advance.
uloader can do it with VC and wiiware games

wii's cannot play GC ISOs unless u have a wode installed. Only older wii's with non D3-2 drives can play gamecube disc backups, and if your wii is one of these, then u should be able to launch it even using configurable usb loader or neogamma

joelozy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Azadar said:

Thanks in advance.

wii's cannot play GC ISOs unless u have a wode installed. Only older wii's with non D3-2 drives can play gamecube disc backups, and if your wii is one of these, then u should be able to launch it even using configurable usb loader or neogamma

Ooh, I got my wii in 2008, back when you had to wake up at 4:00 AM to get one. Does that mean I can get backups for my extremely scratched discs without installing anything? I have configurable usb loader. Or do I need a CMIOS?

Azadar

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Azadar said:

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for getting back to me.. Is there a link and or tutorial you know of for the Uloader? I have an original launch Wii

silva79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azadar said:
XFlak said:

Thanks for getting back to me.. Is there a link and or tutorial you know of for the Uloader? I have an original launch Wii
Yea,. what Azadar said.
tongue.gif

XFlak, you mentioned being able to launch the backups using configurable usb loader, but would we have to launch the backups from an actual disc? Because I own alot of games and I'd like to avoid constantly swapping out discs. Ideally I'd like to put my games in once, back them up to the harddrive,. and then put my disc away. Is something like that possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: though my mom has documents here on my pc