Is there any Universal Boot Loaders out there?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Azadar, Jun 1, 2010.

Jun 1, 2010
  1. Azadar
    OP

Member Azadar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Have to give it up to all those who are making the Wii the best homebrew console on earth right now.. But just recently I was having some issues with some of my games and thought it would be nice to have a univeral loader for games and homebrew. So i did a little research (so if im wrong forgive me) but what I found was that there are numerous loaders for Wii iso's and im using Configurable USBloader right now. However none of them will allow you to play

Gamecube or Wii-ware games from within the menu structure. Does anyone know if this is possible with any other laoder?

Seems it would be possible since Gamecube Iso's can play in the wii fine, as well as SD card Wii-ware games.

Id like a universal loader where I can install from PC or Wii Wii, Gamecube, and Wii-Ware wads, isos, etc.. Does this exist??

Thanks in advance.

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    uloader can do it with VC and wiiware games

wii's cannot play GC ISOs unless u have a wode installed. Only older wii's with non D3-2 drives can play gamecube disc backups, and if your wii is one of these, then u should be able to launch it even using configurable usb loader or neogamma

3. joelozy

Newcomer joelozy Advanced Member

United States
    Ooh, I got my wii in 2008, back when you had to wake up at 4:00 AM to get one. Does that mean I can get backups for my extremely scratched discs without installing anything? I have configurable usb loader. Or do I need a CMIOS?

4. Azadar
    OP

Member Azadar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for getting back to me.. Is there a link and or tutorial you know of for the Uloader? I have an original launch Wii

5. silva79

Newcomer silva79 Newbie

United States
    Yea,. what Azadar said. [​IMG]

XFlak, you mentioned being able to launch the backups using configurable usb loader, but would we have to launch the backups from an actual disc? Because I own alot of games and I'd like to avoid constantly swapping out discs. Ideally I'd like to put my games in once, back them up to the harddrive,. and then put my disc away. Is something like that possible?