is there any reason to be an early adopter?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by FencingFoxFTW, Apr 9, 2011.

1. FencingFoxFTW
    OP

Member FencingFoxFTW GBAtemp Fan

Puerto Rico
    just wondering

the current games dont really appeal to me, so is there any other reason to buy this now?

2. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    The software that comes with the system is really fun imo, but you may have a different opinion.

I don't regret my purchase. [​IMG]

3. Cartmanuk

Member Cartmanuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    No there’s no real reason to get one now, but I am a little disappointed that Nintendo have not yet released a good update.

Nintendo released the 3DS to early in my opinion. Saying that I had to buy one lol.

4. Kuschel-Drow

Member Kuschel-Drow GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Well... not really but... it's still fun.
    Might be better to get one after the update in May though.
    But as I got 4 games to play I'm satisfied. [​IMG]

And well... it works with my SCDS2, so why not? I can still enjoy all of my games with their savegames and stuff.

5. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    Nope.
    I don't think the expected shortages will happen either, so that's not even a reason to buy early.

6. Yuan

Member Yuan GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    With this weak launch list... My hype is negative.

7. BlazerRazor

Member BlazerRazor GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
    Wait if you have no interest in the games out now, although I think the games out now are pretty decent. Really a no-brainer.

There's no real logic to your question. The answer can reply to everything in a material world. You can wait and wait for something better, and there will always be something better.

8. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    It depends. For me, while I already got mine, I didn't play with it that much yet. I'm still playing games from PS2, Wii, and old DS.

9. Nintendude92

Member Nintendude92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well.. why be a late adopter? Good titles will be out this year, so I opted to get the system.

I have Street fighter; Nintendogs & pilotwings.. I've poured 10hrs in Ndogs; 30 in SF & I only bought Pilot wings yesterday.

They're all good, and the built in software is surprisingly nice. Streetpass is fun

I had the money, and I know I'm buying OoT at launch, so.. why wait? I love the 3DS [​IMG]

10. geenlung

geenlung Newbie

IMO you should either be an early adopter or Black Friday shopper. Most good bundle deals only come out at system launch or if you wait, on Black Friday. Buying the system when good games are out usually means paying MSRP on both the game and the system.

11. Zarxrax

Member Zarxrax GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't get why people keep asking this.
    You buy a system to play games. If there are no games on the system that interest you, then you have no reason to purchase the system. If there are games that interest you, then go buy it.

12. FencingFoxFTW
    OP

Member FencingFoxFTW GBAtemp Fan

Puerto Rico
    well the reason or logic behind the question is, maybe there's a hack/exploit/feature that maybe I havent read about and maybe you tempers do, that would make it worth it, and yeah, i now realize I should have included that as part of my original post

I did test Street Fighter today and I have to say it looks awesome, but i wish they had gone with a larger screen, even if the system ended up looking like the Panasonic Jungle [​IMG]

anyway, thanks for the replies and guess I'll hold till Black Friday as geenlung said, since I think I missed Amazon's $25 off a game after buying the system

tl;dr: I'm lazy and Imma wait till Black Friday

13. anime999

Newcomer anime999 Member

Canada
    I think if you're not really interested in any of the games currently that it's best to wait, though I'm really enjoying Pilotwings and the built in software I do kind of feel like it's incomplete. I don't regret buying it early but I would recommend others to wait at least until the may update. (I'm really hurting for the browser and the estore >.

14. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Unless you were hardcore follower, and were literally counting down the days to get a 3DS, it's probably not worth it.

Personally, I was one of those people, and I'm loving my 3DS but there really aren't many good games at all. Unless you have friends with Street Fighter. Then it's probably worth it to get now.