Country
Germany

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i disabled autoboot via the steps shown in the wii u hacks guide, once I followed these steps, i opened the mii maker app and homebrew launcher didn't open only the mii maker stuff like create mii, select mii etc. btw i didnt do anything to block updates like extract UFDiine into root of sd card or change any dns in the connection settings, didn't do any of these to block updates it that makes sense. with autoboot disabled, it still says your console is up to date in the wii u system settings and still on 5.5.5E. oh yeah btw didnt the other developer garyodernichts say it was USA consoles only? sorry for masking many questions
  1. Boot the console while holding X on the Gamepad.
  2. Navigate to the installer environment and launch it by pressing A.
  3. Press A to select Check.
  4. Select Boot options.
  5. You will be asked if you want to switch the boot title. Press A to select Switch back to Wii U Menu.
  6. When the process finished, press A to shutdown the console.
  7. Perform the System Update.
  8. Follow this to re-enable autobooting.
yeah, it appears to be USA only. you have a USA flag on your account, so I didn't realize you were using a European system. I didn't know it was USA only until Gary said so though.

Reactions: jeannotte

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fyi everyone, it appears that the system will say that there's an update available, even if you're autobooting. it will say you're on the latest if you try updating in this state. point being, don't waste your time disabling autoboot unless you receive this message, because an update is unlikely to exist for your region. it says something about online play cannot be used unless you update your system every time you enter the home menu iirc.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have cbhc installed, so to update to 5.5.6 from 5.5.5 i need disbale the autoboot, update and after, enable the autoboot??
No, cbhc doesn't block updates. Just update normally, disable blocking dns or recover update folder if either of these are true.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You just answered your own question:

So why do you expect an update on your EUR console when you know it's USA only?
Oh ahahaha, sorry I wasn't paying attention, it's just people say they can't play online so I was worried. I'm noob with this stuff and didn't know sorry. Thank you for your help developer.

TakeSora25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi, i disabled autoboot via the steps shown in the wii u hacks guide, once I followed these steps, i opened the mii maker app and homebrew launcher didn't open only the mii maker stuff like create mii, select mii etc. btw i didnt do anything to block updates like extract UFDiine into root of sd card or change any dns in the connection settings, didn't do any of these to block updates it that makes sense. with autoboot disabled, it still says your console is up to date in the wii u system settings and still on 5.5.5E. oh yeah btw didnt the other developer garyodernichts say it was USA consoles only? sorry for masking many questions
  1. Boot the console while holding X on the Gamepad.
  2. Navigate to the installer environment and launch it by pressing A.
  3. Press A to select Check.
  4. Select Boot options.
  5. You will be asked if you want to switch the boot title. Press A to select Switch back to Wii U Menu.
  6. When the process finished, press A to shutdown the console.
  7. Perform the System Update.
  8. Follow this to re-enable autobooting.
Thanks Man!!! You save my life :3
Greetings from Venezuela /0/

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated both the 3ds and the wiiu. it removed my wiiu theme though, but I ftp'd it back over. no issues other than ftp server didn't do permissions correctly when recreating the update folder, so I had to use ftpii u everywhere.
are you on cbhc WiiU because im on chbc it shouldnt matter because im on 9999 firmware hmm if i update it will it roll over to 000 :rofl2:

• Haha
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use my config.ini. one of the options, syshax, is for cbhc. it will be either infinite loading or a black screen when exiting system settings on mocha if using cbhc, if it's not set up correctly.

Attachments

• config.7z
    244 bytes · Views: 31

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went through and disabled all my autoboot stuff, changed the settings according to the guide for Tiramisu. But I'm getting an error code when I try updating. 105-3015. I'm not sure what's causing the issue, since running a search for the error code it seems unlikely to me that it's the same cause as people who've had that error code in the past.

EDIT: Would cIOSes on vWii cause this error code?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went through and disabled all my autoboot stuff, changed the settings according to the guide for Tiramisu. But I'm getting an error code when I try updating. 105-3015. I'm not sure what's causing the issue, since running a search for the error code it seems unlikely to me that it's the same cause as people who've had that error code in the past.
did you delete the update folder or use dns to block updates?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi