Is there any homebrew that allows "flash cards"?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Bryce, May 14, 2007.

1. Bryce
    OP

Bryce GBAtemp Fan

Sep 5, 2004
    Just curious if there's anyway I can upload some words to my R4 with some homebrew program that allows something like this. It's hard for me to explain...but...

Basically I am learning German. I want to input German words, then when I am bored, I can just go and study with a flash card-like system.

Sorry if this is confusing. I've been studying trig for seriously the last six hours and I need sleep.

2. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    So you want to learn German? I believe there is such a homebrew (with a similar educational interface) for Japanese, but I haven't heard of any for German [​IMG]

3. Skye07

Skye07 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 24, 2006
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Can you give me the learn JP info thing?

4. Little

Little I r Little

Nov 20, 2006
    England
    You could use an image viewer, having an image as each "flash card" and then flick between them. Try loooking into something like comic book DS.

5. Jools

Jools Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2005
    Just such a homebrew would be simple and fantastic. I hope somebody talented out there reads this as I'd love to practice my Kanji on my DS.

6. iwakura

iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    California
    i agree...two fairly simple modes: one for writing on either side of the flashcard, another for just tapping the screen (or pressing a or something) and flipping the card...it doesnt sound too hard. but then what do i know? hardest thing i've programmed is conway's game of life [​IMG]

7. biet1234

biet1234 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2007
    Netherlands
    I am also looking for a flash card homebrew