Homebrew Is there any DS gameplay recorder?

nadoon

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any kind of gameplay recorder thing for the acekard where example, you start the acekard, you open the recorder homebrew, then once you load a game, it start recording, until you press a certain combination of buttons and saves an avi? You know, just anything to record DS gameplay. I do NOT want to play roms on the PC. (I don't like to) And I don't want to record like in my Mario kart video.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not possible on the DS, at least not with a homebrew application. The DS doesn't have an operating system running in the background, so there's no way to run two applications at once. When the game is loaded, anything else gets shut out of memory.

Screenshots might be possible to implement on a cart-by-cart basis, but that would have to be done by the flash cart makers themselves. The CycloDS team was looking into this but I believe they gave up eventually. Video recording is unlikely.

nadoon

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmmm........ Pherhaps some kind of game LOADER? I mean, a game loader that automatically records for a minute or so. I mean like, it would temporarily MOD the game just to record. Is that possible?

shinnyuuya

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
maybe if DS have the third screen
biggrin.gif

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nadoon said:
Is there any kind of gameplay recorder thing for the acekard where example, you start the acekard, you open the recorder homebrew, then once you load a game, it start recording, until you press a certain combination of buttons and saves an avi? You know, just anything to record DS gameplay. I do NOT want to play roms on the PC. (I don't like to) And I don't want to record like in my Mario kart video.
the only way to do this is to use an emulator on the PC to record the game play. Many people obviously don't like to use a keyboard/mouse or a PC joystick, so you can use available ds homebrew apps out there to use your ds as a joystick.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nadoon said:
Hmmmm........ Pherhaps some kind of game LOADER? I mean, a game loader that automatically records for a minute or so. I mean like, it would temporarily MOD the game just to record. Is that possible?

Not possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ1-Z0hCIH8