Is there an app that emulates a game cart?

NitroXL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes, I know, you can load games from .nds, but I want something that tricks the 3DS into thinking that game is inserted, the game I'm doing it with is Chibi Robo clean sweep (the fanlation) and NitroHax.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I genuinely don't see how making a virtual game show up as a game card would be useful other than 1. testing that nintendo save data transferer tool that takes game card saves and puts them into the digital version of the game, and 2. testing out a save manager's game card functionality to see what makes it break.
But in those cases, why not just use Citra? Or a 3DS flashcart.

NitroXL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I genuinely don't see how making a virtual game show up as a game card would be useful other than 1. testing that nintendo save data transferer tool that takes game card saves and puts them into the digital version of the game, and 2. testing out a save manager's game card functionality to see what makes it break.
But in those cases, why not just use Citra? Or a 3DS flashcart.
Citra is an emulator, and is usually very limiting,

also I really don't feel like using a flashcard for ONE game.

RandomMan25XX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, I know, you can load games from .nds, but I want something that tricks the 3DS into thinking that game is inserted, the game I'm doing it with is Chibi Robo clean sweep (the fanlation) and NitroHax.
TWiLightMenu++ exists, but it's not emulation and supports using cheats within the app itself before you launch a game, NDS Forwarders don't support the use of cheats

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
TWiLightMenu++ exists, but it's not emulation and supports using cheats within the app itself before you launch a game, NDS Forwarders don't support the use of cheats
Since version SD-5 of the forwarder pack cheats are supported fyi, simply hold Y after loading the forwarder and then press X in the menu, similar to TWiLight Menu++'s per-game settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: more of a platinum guy myself personally