United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused. shouldn't a powered drive supply its own power? are you say two powered and two unpowered drives should be fine?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused. shouldn't a powered drive supply its own power? are you say two powered and two unpowered drives should be fine?
Since is using a power supplied by the PC usb drive, is possible that it cannot support all the power each device needs when plugged in. Therefore is possible the pc usb port doesn't power the hub fully enough for all devices that need all the power. HDD requires a lot of power, which is why it doesn't work on wii u without a Y-cable or is own AC adaptor, then is more than likely you can't use all 10 slots at the same time without first considering the full power consumption and then each device's required power source.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will the two unpowered drives simply not work together if that's the case (i.e. not appear in device manager at all as if they're not connected)? my fear is that it burns out both drives. I'm thinking the usb port won't be an issue since the hub is powered.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will the two unpowered drives simply not work together if that's the case (i.e. not appear in device manager at all as if they're not connected)? my fear is that it burns out both drives. I'm thinking the usb port won't be an issue since the hub is powered.
If your hub is powered then is fine, no problem. The only actual problem comes from not supplying enough power to the hub that when the more devices you plug in drains the power more than it is supplied, in that case is useless. You would be forced to remove the extra devices for it to function. In your case, you have nothing to worry about. Most cases if the power isn't enough the pc will tell you the usb cannot recognize the device.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021