Hacking is there a way to homebrew nintendo switch and still be able to play online

AbuLela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Get SXOS and make an emunand on sd card for your Home-brew Stuff...
Cant believe ppl still wait for emunand on other CFW!!!
How long are you waiting now??? A year???

Reactions: Jayro

gavinfriday69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have SX OS with EMUNAND on 7.0.1.
this CFW has the option to transfer files through FTP. When I try to enable this it says an internet connection is required.
But I for the moment, I deleted all my wifi settings to avoid triggering an update (auto update is turned off) or anything else.
So activating my wifi settings doesn't feel too safe to do. But maybe i'm too cautious
What is the correct way to avoid launching anything unwanted?
I read somewhere that airplane mode in SXOS and setting the 90NDS or so in wifi settings does not go well together?

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you don't want to go the EmuNand route (or if you can not go that route) then you stil have one option to keep your switch safe from getting banned, even though it requires more time and is not as convenient:

1) Go 100% offline in OFW and proceed to enter RCM and Dump the FULL NAND
2) Install CFW, do a full System Format (better be safe than sorry)
3) Wipe the PRODDATA partition with the Incognito tool (again, better be safe than sorry)
4) Use your CFW for whatever you want but stay offline the whole time

You want to play something online?

5) Boot into RCM and proceed to Dump the FULL NAND of your CFW-Hacked Switch
6) Flash your Full Original NAND Backup on your Switch
7) Play your legally bought games Online

Now if you want to boot to CFW all you have to do is to switch between the NAND dumps.
Before switching you should ALWAYS do a new, full dump of your current NAND, so that Logs stay chronological.

(And yes, technically its eMMC, but the term 'NAND' is well known I gues).

D

Deleted User

If you don't want to go the EmuNand route (or if you can not go that route) then you stil have one option to keep your switch safe from getting banned, even though it requires more time and is not as convenient:

1) Go 100% offline in OFW and proceed to enter RCM and Dump the FULL NAND
2) Install CFW, do a full System Format (better be safe than sorry)
3) Wipe the PRODDATA partition with the Incognito tool (again, better be safe than sorry)
4) Use your CFW for whatever you want but stay offline the whole time

You want to play something online?

5) Boot into RCM and proceed to Dump the FULL NAND of your CFW-Hacked Switch
6) Flash your Full Original NAND Backup on your Switch
7) Play your legally bought games Online

Now if you want to boot to CFW all you have to do is to switch between the NAND dumps.
Before switching you should ALWAYS do a new, full dump of your current NAND, so that Logs stay chronological.

(And yes, technically its eMMC, but the term 'NAND' is well known I gues).

Insanely tedious - Invest in emunand and you wont have to hassle with any of this. Time is money baby. Emunand gang!

D

Deleted User

But what if I don't want to invest money into TX? I don't agree with their business practice and a SD Emunand still takes away free space on your SD card.

Emunand does not take away free space

You can use the 32gb after its created

$24.99 to not have to do all that when you want to switch is worth it in my eyes but I I do understand those that don't want to pay

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"You can use the 32gb after its created"

Yeah, ok, fine, but I can't use the 32GB on-board Memory anymore, so i am *still* loosing 32GB

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, and if you pirate a game and play it before the game's release, change your switch's date to a day after launch, just so your save file won't give away that you played before launch. I hear that might also flag you for a ban.
By that logic, Nintendo would be banning people who have the date wrong on their system. e.g. If the data on my system is 3/2/2017, all the games I play will show save files for before the games were released. Do you really think Nintendo is going to ban unhacked systems for simply having the wrong date?

hipmp5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Using Ubuntu doesn't ban you at all, it boots only from SD card files without using any Sysnand file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo