ROM Hack Is there a way to get free fire emblem fates dlcs without cfw?

IWantAHug

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know that know you can install the custom dlcs without it. I've tried it and it worked flawlessly but I'm guessing this is recent. I wanna know if there is a way to install them only with homebrew launcher and not cfw.

Thanks in advance

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I know that know you can install the custom dlcs without it. I've tried it and it worked flawlessly but I'm guessing this is recent. I wanna know if there is a way to install them only with homebrew launcher and not cfw.

Thanks in advance
No, it needs signatures to be patched...

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there generally isn't a way to get free anything without cfw.

aside from demos, of course.
Anyway i see birthright conquest and revelation as dlc, i thought that was the game. :wtf:
if you buy, for instance, the birthright cartridge but want to play conquest, you can download it through the game as dlc for a reduced price.

Last edited by frogboy,
Reactions: Deleted User

IWantAHug

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand, how was I able to install custom dlcs (playable Chrom, Lissa and Frederick) but not the official ones?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand, how was I able to install custom dlcs (playable Chrom, Lissa and Frederick) but not the official ones?
The custom DLC characters are stored in the extra data, which doesn't need CFW to modify. There was a point in time where the custom DLC units were only obtained via custom firmware. You can't install the actual DLC without CFW because it needs signature patches in order to run, which you can get with CFW. Either buy the DLC or don't get it at all.

IWantAHug

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The custom DLC characters are stored in the extra data, which doesn't need CFW to modify. There was a point in time where the custom DLC units were only obtained via custom firmware. You can't install the actual DLC without CFW because it needs signature patches in order to run, which you can get with CFW. Either buy the DLC or don't get it at all.

I see, I'll look into cfw when it comes out for 11.3
thanks for the reply

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc