Hacking Is there a way to enable mono audio on the Vita?

AmyGrrl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Was hoping someone knows of a way to enable mono audio output on the Vita. Tried looking for a plugin to do it. But found nothing. Tried looking thought the registry editor. I did see a sound_output 0. Don't know what it does. But tried setting it to 1 & 2. Nothing seemed to change. So put it back to 0.

Would really love to see a plugin that makes it easy to switch from stereo to mono. Maybe with something added to Settings/Audio menu on the Vita.

Anyways. Hopefully someone can help with this. Thanks!

Last edited by AmyGrrl,

AmyGrrl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I should add the reason I would like to do this. Is that I have a 95% hearing loss in my left ear. If I use headphones. I miss out on hearing things. So this would be a useful disability feature. So I really hope it can be done or at least learn if its possible or not. So hopefully someone can left me know. Maybe this has already been looking into and found not to be possible.

Last edited by AmyGrrl,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know other things have such an option (and if they natively had it, the result is probably better that way since it avoids summing phase-opposing signals) - but this is a problem that can be easily and cross-platformly solved by a stereo jack plug, a mono jack socket, and two equal resistors in the 1-10 kiloohm range :)

Last edited by Ryccardo,

AmyGrrl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I already know I can get an 3.5mm adapter that can do this. The current one I was using wore out. So I'm looking for a way to do it natively on the the system if its possible. I'm hoping that maybe there is an easy hidden setting that would allow this feature or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2