Is there a way to edit my post, if

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have some Essentials topics I own in the 3DS games section. Most of you know I have a hard time updating these topics and that they have not been updated for a long time.

My question is: Is there a way to edit my posts while it is locked? Or is there a way to make my topic disappear for the public so only I can see it?(Staff also of course)

I hope anyone can help me because this is essentially for me. Both topics are a mess and I want to clean them a bit.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
They are not locked, so you can edit them without problem.
If we lock them, you can't edit your post anymore, so they need to be open for you to update the first post.
Of course, users could still post in it, but it won't bother you while you make their first post look better/cleaner.

The formating is a bug from the forum update, messages posted on the old forum version can't be edited easily (they include a lot of tags informations, which require manual update to replace them with standard BBcode).
If you have a backup of the post on your computer, you could use it to replace the first post quickly, but I guess you don't have any.

You should keep backup of important posts that are often updated (in case of crash or bug while editing you could loose all the content).

We can hide a topic, but you won't see it either.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I converted all HTML to BBcode when editing the Essentials topics (Adding the Essentials prefix). So they should be in readable BBcode already.

Appears I forgot the E-shop one, but that one's done as well now.

As for editing, only those who can unlock the topic are able to edit posts in it. So I'm afraid there's no way you'd be able to edit the post.
Your best bet is editing it as a local copy on your PC or something.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the advice TJ and Cyan I will fellow it.

A question for Cyan, if you hide the topic is it then possible to access the topic via the link? Example I copy the link and put in whatever web browser I use.(I use more then one) Shouldn't I be able to access the hidden topic by then? Or will an error occur?

Also Tj, your the best! Thanks for editing it looks great :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk