Hacking Is there a way to change the region on a 3000?

TetrisKid48

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a PSP on Amazon recently and when it got here, it turned out to be Japanese. I can't watch the movie I got and the X and O buttons are swapped.
It says here that you can't change the region code on a 3000, but that was a year ago, and I was wondering if there is a way to now or if anyone is working on it.
Please help in any way you can, thanks.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Nope, nothing has changed in that regard as far as I'm aware, you still can't just swap the region easy peasy.

To swap X and O, install CFW and then you can use registry hacks to swap X and O back to the US versions.

For your movie, as noted in that Reddit thread, dump the ISO and that will let remove region locking so you can just watch the ISO, it'll be the only way around the region lock without swapping the mobo or buying a new PSP.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't install cfw on a 3k system. it's hen only. x and o are located in the xregistry.sys, which is part of dev_flash2 on the virtual flash of the hdd. I don't know if there's a way to change it with hen. it would be an easy change, even manually, but I don't know if you can get at the xregistry.sys. there may be a injector or something psx-place.

TetrisKid48

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, nothing has changed in that regard as far as I'm aware, you still can't just swap the region easy peasy.

To swap X and O, install CFW and then you can use registry hacks to swap X and O back to the US versions.

For your movie, as noted in that Reddit thread, dump the ISO and that will let remove region locking so you can just watch the ISO, it'll be the only way around the region lock without swapping the mobo or buying a new PSP.
Thanks for the help. i'll look into all that.

Reactions: Alexander1970

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the easiest way is qa flagging, which is a no go on a 3k. however, there exists an xregistry editor, which can do the same thing. if there exists an injector, then it's probably possible.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nm, I thought it was a ps3. sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i use firefox+ublock