Hacking Is there a thread talking about FFCCMLaaK hacking?

hjfbv1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so has anyone made any progress with this? ive tried hex editing the .wad and my save file. i dont know much about eather so i dont even know if its possiable to edit the data.bin. on the other hand im attempting to edit the gil and all that but im not quite sure what i should be looking for... any tips from someone who has a little exp in hex?.. besides its freakin impossiable?

player0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Seeing this post is not getting anywhere, I think I should give you some heads-up examples.
Yes, wadunpacker is required if you download the game in wad form, after the edits, you need wadpacker to repack the files back to wad form
Or if you have purchased the game, you can use FS dumper to get all the .app files, but still you need the wadpacker to repack them after edit
And of course, you need the wad installer to install the repacked wad

Now for hacking/editing, any hex editor with do the job
Everything you want to manipulate are inside 00000002.app
In fact, you are not editing any hex code, if you look through 00000002.app, you should be able to find the SOURCE CODE of the game
Anyone who can read C++ like programming code should have no problem in hacking/tweaking the game into the way you like
But of course, there are also codes that manage DLC purchasing and downloading, but I will not touch those parts. ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Here is an example (all based on the original game without any DLC. New DLCs will change the content of 00000002.app, so you may get different results)
1. Infinite gil(money)
Search useTP(subtraction)
there should be only one instance
below it you should see _currentTP -= subtraction;
give that thing a comment mark //
i.e. it becomes //urrentTP -= subtraction; (see that you do not increase the size of the file, you only overwrite _c with //
repack the files with wadpacker and install the wad
start the game and now your money will not be deducted

2.Papa becomes your minister
Search model="MODEL_C_MINISTER",
there should be only one instance
change it to model="MODEL_B_KINGPAPA",
repack the files with wadpacker and install the wad
start the game and now Chime has replaced by your papa

of course you can also swap between different models (you control Chime instead of a 10yearsold boy, moogles instead of penguins, etc.)
just make sure after the swapping, the file size does not change (I dont know what will happen if the size changes, I will just avoid it)

there are many other possibilities once you familiarize yourself with the game code, for instance I make the villagers always running instead of walking and always happy, remove the research level limitations, always on special sales etc. You should really see for yourself. Tweaking is fun.

hjfbv1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well that means im out, the wad unpacker and and wad packer are probably windows apps...
frown.gif

hjfbv1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont supose you could load up ur game somewhere with the hacks? i dont need a link just need to know what site.

i know its noobish to ask but i cant seem to find a un/packer for mac

hjfbv1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i still feel so... left out i whish i had a pc
frown.gif

but just a re confermation. if i were to just use a hex editor on the .wad file will i be able to find the info you people are looking at? and if so can someone give me the first few bytes where 00000002.app should be? if its possiable im gona do this the hard way
tongue.gif

Doctor Qwerty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. Anyone know how to open up an .ash file?

I was trying to rig My Pokemon Ranch into giving me tons of Mews instead of just one, but I can't see anything in there aside from a few headers and such because of those damn things.
I'm pretty sure it's some sorta encryption, since some of the unpacked files are named "whatever.txt.ash". >__>

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job Player0.

What I was more interested in is the fact that the entire game is native C++ and allows full Wii access(WiFi, FrontSD, NAND, Wiimote, GC, and possibly USB).

This opens up a lot of possibilities. I'm looking further into it, but I just thought I'd share.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Killer Phantom said:
Someone should make a complete guide for this.

More reason to go back and play this game. It's much funner having infinite gil and such.

A guide would be infinitely long, as there are so many aspects that could be exploited. You could essentially write your own game on top of this one, using assets like sounds and models.

But, here's a quick way of getting started:

1) Aquire the wad, VC Extractor, Wadunpacker, and Wadpacker. They are available on http://www5.atpages.jp/wiihack/

2) Use Wadunpacker to extract the contents of the wad.

3) Use VC Extractor on 00000002.app

4) Locate "Script" folder.

5) Inside "Script", you will find "ProgramArchlordComp_en_us.NUT".

6) NUT files are simply native C++ files with custom extensions. They can be opened with any text editor, but I recommend Notepad++, as it supports C++ formatting for easy reading.

7) If you don't know C++, get aquainted. The code is pretty self-explanatory, if you know what you're looking for.

Items contained within the code are as follows:

+ Functions handling gil, build points, experience, dungeon difficulty, monster difficulty, monster spells, fighter spells, building limits, story events, etc.

+ Building sizes, placement, etc.

+ Model IDs.

+ Button commands.

+ Debugging.

hjfbv1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont supose anyone knows of a txt dump or could make one or table?

p.s. i slightly know what im talking about... but i could be wrong. but its a table where they tell what each hex means for a game? like
0A=A
0B=c
and such

Syangel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So.. how do i recompile the 00000002.app files? (yea.. im a nub)

Edit: after looking around i found out that the creator hasnt made a compiler yet. does anyone know how?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Syangel said:
So.. how do i recompile the 00000002.app files? (yea.. im a nub)

Edit: after looking around i found out that the creator hasnt made a compiler yet. does anyone know how?

You don't.

Use the extracted files as a reference, and then Hex Edit 00000002.app directly.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hjfbv1 said:
so anyone thinking of heavly moding this game and uploading it somewhere?

I'll do it tonight. PM me with requests and I'll provide a link.

Hacks I'm working on: Better graphics, Max Building/day, Max Type Building increased(50 houses upon start)*.

*Subject to change if the game crashes on load. Inf Money/Architec will be included, though.

For those who want to increase building limits, search for "class ArchConstructionSteps" and change "static MAX_STEP = 4" to "static MAX_STEP = 9".

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, all is working well.

But, I need an opinion:

I have the ability to hack the game to the point where it would make it rediculously easy. For example, I can increase the build limit per day to 99, so that you can build all 50 houses in one day. Not only that, I can enable up to 9 of each type of shop right off the bat.

Should I gimp the game that much?

Right now, build limit is 9 per day and you can have 3 of each shop right away.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to bump threads, but if anyone would like that WAD tonight, they're going to have to respond fast.

hjfbv1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm think i missed him
frown.gif
but as a general question could you hex edit a VC game the same way you would a regular ROM? if so im getting the black outfit for link in OOT.
XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm finally gonna get this NAS racked and powered on tonight, install truenas core, and burn the...