Hacking Is there a thread talking about FFCCMLaaK hacking?

Krisan Thyme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burakki said:
Is it possible to add the DLC content to the previously hacked game? I'm still learning how to code and stuff, so I haven't messed with it yet. I actually bought some DLC and discovered this by the bad means :P I could buy some more, but I think it's money loss to spend over 20$ on DLC when the game costs $15. It would be better if we could add only the content that is not already hidden in the game.

Also, U$ dollars are a little expensive for someone in Brazil :P

Yes. It is quite possible to add all of the DLC to the main game, in fully working order (without it disrupting your current game of play, even). The problem is, a lot of the newer DLC depends on its own files. (as DLC really should, I never liked that "unlocking" nonsense) So you'd need access to someones Wii who already bought all (or most) of the DLC first.. or more specifically, a dump of their DLC save (which would require a file system dump at the moment). Then you'd just need to dissect the save, do a bit of tinkering, some pasting, and you're all set. More or less anyway. You don't need to be an expert coder to do this in any way, shape, or form.

The concept is pretty simple, really.. but it requires finding someone who bought all the stuff first, plus in terms of doing a FS Dump (save extractor doesn't appear to work on VC or WW saves yet), it would take too long to do it without the owners full consent. You'd probably have an easier time just buying it, I'm sad to say. (I agree that the overall price of the DLC is kind of ridiculous, seeing as it altogether costs more than the game itself right now, and quite a bit of it isn't even downloaded content, but unlocked stuff..)

Edit:
I had an entirely different post here originally about a problem I was having with the 00000002.app file, namely it was getting corrupted whenever I tried to "add" files to it, not just replace existing ones. I got past this before anyone could respond (I tried an APP from a different WAD, one that had no prior modifications), so I changed the context of the post rather than waste space in the thread.

However I see I've ran into a secondary problem with the 00000002.app already.. while I was able to add files to it without it crashing the U8 utilities or the Wii itself upon startup of the game.. MLaaK now freezes whenever I try to load or start a newgame after the title screen (it just fades to black like normal, and never continues.. music keeps playing, though. And oddly enough things like the DLC menu work just fine..). It is kind of puzzling since if it were still corrupt, I wouldn't think the game wouldn't start at all.. but eh.. If anyone here has successfully added new files to the 00000002.app, I'd appreciate knowing what you did to make it work. (I know it has been done before, specifically in reference to the last few posts here, where the DLC outfits were injected into a WAD.. I just can't seem to do it without something crashing on me though.)

I suspect the problem lies in the Packing itself, and not so much the adding of a new file, though.. If so, I wonder if there are any other U8 utilities out there, other than U8Pack I might be able to use for this?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most games are touchy when you increase their file size.

This is why it's better to go about it with the intention of replacing what is already there with something else.

Krisan Thyme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that's it, though. Other than the fact I've increased the size of the scripts numerous times without it causing any problems, someone else has already managed to add files to it without it crashing on them. (As mentioned earlier, one WAD floating around has the DLC outfits injected into it..) A way I'm hoping someone here can elaborate on..

Besides, I just tried it without adding any files to the 00000002.app (opening it up in U8Pack, and saving it without any changes made) and the game still crashes upon newgame\loadgame.. it also appears U8Pack is changing a lot of stuff in the APP file, despite the fact they should end up identical (or near enough anyway). This is a packing issue, I'm pretty positive..

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't dealt much with repacking...

Everything I've done has been through hex editing the app and using the unpacked files as reference.

I'll take a look at it, but right now I'm looking for a BRRES unpacker.

Krisan Thyme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I have a BRRES unpacker right here.
http://www.aphasia-guild.net//other/Krisan...Extract_1.0.zip

It was made for Brawl, but the format appears to be exactly the same. This is actually why I want to add files to the 02 APP, it'll let me import different models and modified textures into the game. (replacing existing ones isn't half as fun.)

Oh, and I do appreciate any help you can give. I've been wracking my brain at it for quite a bit now, and I feel I'm at my ropes end now. And.. Hex editing eh? That's usually what I resort to when things don't work right, but I don't know enough about the way things are stored in these APP files yet to really accomplish much in doing so.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the unpacker, I found what I was looking for.

Now... importing the textures back in is going to be a pain...

Why don't you explain exactly what you're trying to do, and I'll see what I can come up with.

Krisan Thyme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Importing textures.. well, the TEX files inside the BRRES are nothing more than TPL files with different header information. A simple copy and paste job with a Hex Editor should work, for the most part. (depending what utilities you already have and what you're used to doing already, you might need a few other things to ensure this works right.. but all and all, that's about all there is to it.)

As for what I'm trying to do.. basically, I'm just trying to add a BRRES file to the root of of the 02 APP. The actual contents of the BRRES file I'm working with is just something I hacked together, a recolored White Mage to be specific. But the contents of the BRRES isn't important anyway, the idea is just to be able to add a new file to the APP. (and later, I may want to add quite a few to it, so I need some idea of what to do to make this work.)

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm... you're better off replacing one of the models that's already there.

The other model won't be used anyway.

I just ruined a recent mod I had going by changing

Code:
function getEveryoneHappyRatio()
{ 
if (null==_characters || 2>_characters.len()) 
{ 
return 0;
}

to 

function getEveryoneHappyRatio()
{ 
if (null==_characters || 2>_characters.len()) 
{ 
return 1;
}

It essentially made the first day never end...

Krisan Thyme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd really rather not replace anything if I can help it, easier as it may be. The idea was to eventually create a string of unique NPC's, but if I am forced to replace existing models.. then old NPC's will get the same makeover as the new ones I've made. Needless to say, that's not desirable at all.

If worst comes to absolute worst.. I'd sooner look into figuring out how to make my own "DLC Save" of sorts.. since from what I can tell, all it does is act like a patch file. (The game checks it for changes, and if there are any it uses the files inside the save instead of the ones in the game itself.) That would accomplish the same goal, but I haven't even tried messing with that yet.. and I'm already sure that's going to be its very own headache.

Really though, someone already figured out how to do this, that's what bugs me the most I think. There must be a way, even if it turns out to be quite hacky and backward to preform.. I'd still be willing to do it, if I just knew where to start.

hjfbv1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a question, if you add stackable buildings teq how would we get up to em? i mean itd be cool if i could put all my armories in one spot but ya...

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hjfbv1 said:
a question, if you add stackable buildings teq how would we get up to em? i mean itd be cool if i could put all my armories in one spot but ya...

"Stackable" as in you can build multiple structures in the same location.

This would work best for houses, as you don't ever need to go in them.

Imagine having your entire population living on one square, surrounded by all of the shops.

Burakki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Krisan Thyme said:
I'd sooner look into figuring out how to make my own "DLC Save" of sorts.. since from what I can tell, all it does is act like a patch file. (The game checks it for changes, and if there are any it uses the files inside the save instead of the ones in the game itself.) That would accomplish the same goal, but I haven't even tried messing with that yet.. and I'm already sure that's going to be its very own headache.

And why do I think this could be more simple than hacking the game itself? If I understood everything I read, you could add whatever data you wanted. Although... Most of the data is there just waiting to be unlocked or completed with the updates >_> Still, I think it's worth a try.

I can upload my DLC Save if it helps, wouldn't it give you a basis or something? I don't know how to open the save anyway.

Krisan Thyme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really think it'll be anymore simple, really. It might not actually be as hard as I think, I'm not entirely sure what I'm thinking on it yet (though, the fact I've seen no DLC saves floating around suggests to me there's something not so simple about it..), but I doubt it'll be anymore straight forward.. The main problem with working with WW saves is that there is no quick and easy way of extracting the contents therein. (Save Extractor requires a Disc, and that's obviously not an option with Wiiware.. that pretty much leaves an FS Dump as the only option to get inside the save, and so far I haven't had much success figuring out how to get the save back onto the Wii after that..)

*shrugs* Of worthy note, I've since been looking into a third possibility.. involving a BRRES archive and a lot of hacking, but this is going to take me some time to work out.. Essentially, I was thinking of replacing an existing BRRES archive, and storing multiple models and textures inside it (including those of the archive I replaced) - this is something I should have thought of earlier really.. the game already uses a few archives like this, so.. yea, it'd work out pretty well. I just have to figure out exactly what all is going on in the header information of the file. (all of the model and texture data is stored uncompressed in consecutive order inside these archives, so if I can figure out the header stuff.. I can pretty much make as large a BRRES I want, with as much stuff in it I want.)

If you still want to upload your save somewhere for me, though, sure. It sure can't hurt to have a look at someone elses. Maybe I'll figure something out.. To tell the truth, it is probably more ideal to have things working through the saves anyway, since that makes uploading and downloading of mods MUCH easier, and probably much less.. uh, "iffy" to share on public forums by comparison to having to modify the main WAD everytime you want to add a small mod.. I'm just a bit stubborn I guess, I want to try and make things work, especially after I've seen proof that someone else has made it work and I still can't seem to accomplish the same thing.. But eh, as long as I meet the same goal in the end, the method doesn't really matter.

Burakki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Krisan Thyme said:
To tell the truth, it is probably more ideal to have things working through the saves anyway, since that makes uploading and downloading of mods MUCH easier, and probably much less.. uh, "iffy" to share on public forums by comparison to having to modify the main WAD everytime you want to add a small mod...

Just what was in my mind. Probably a save file isn't enough to modify Elementite and Gil Stuff, unless you hack the wad itself. But of course, you can modify/create a random dungeon to give absurd amounts of Elementite, or houses to have lots of people, and so forth. Talking about it makes me wanna learn faster
tongue.gif
Hate being noob at the basics.

I sent you the link to the save. I only downloaded three DLC (new Chime's costume, two dungeons that come with buildings), since I don't have anymore Wii Points left. Hope this helps =]

Just editing to state the obvious, it doesn't work with another Wiis. I don't think it's hard to crack, is it?

Krisan Thyme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DLC save acts exactly like a Patch file, so.. you could pretty much change any game resource with it and accomplish anything you wanted without having to ever modify the WAD itself. (So yea, Elementite and Gil stuff is entirely possible through just a save.)

Burakki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Really? That seems a little strange, since the resources are usually stored in the 0~02.app . But if you say so, better to us xD

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Killer Phantom said:
I wonder, is it possible to make it so Chime doesn't force you to go to sleep?

It is, actually.

I stated earlier that changing a line that checks if everyone in the town is happy will make it so your day makes it all the way to night. However, having this enabled from the first day(when you can't select "I need to rest") makes it so you're stuck there.

However, what I didn't add is that you can enable all of the menu options, including "Destruct".

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
Killer Phantom said:
I wonder, is it possible to make it so Chime doesn't force you to go to sleep?

It is, actually.

I stated earlier that changing a line that checks if everyone in the town is happy will make it so your day makes it all the way to night. However, having this enabled from the first day(when you can't select "I need to rest") makes it so you're stuck there.

However, what I didn't add is that you can enable all of the menu options, including "Destruct".

Ah, that sucks. Enabling all menu options from the start...will it glitch up if you do something you aren't supposed to do?

btw, how is your progress on modifying the game? Anything exciting?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Killer Phantom said:
Ah, that sucks. Enabling all menu options from the start...will it glitch up if you do something you aren't supposed to do?

btw, how is your progress on modifying the game? Anything exciting?

No, it won't glitch.

You're essentially just triggering functions by conditions that can be met sooner or just toggling them through boolean functions.

As far as modifying the game.... well.... the game isn't all too exciting to begin with, so my modifications are about the most interest I have in it.

Nude Chime sounds about the most interesting...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night