Homebrew is there a secret reason behind nintendo not patching hax over the past 2 updates?

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
Nintendo won't do that because of all the bloatware that would end up on the store. They're very selective about the devs they pick, partly because of quality control and partly because that's how they used to do it in the industry, and that's what the big N wants to stick with.
But they let stuff like Meme Run and Bigley's Revenge on there?

Reactions: PF2M

Noelemahc

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Nintendo won't do that because of all the bloatware that would end up on the store. They're very selective about the devs they pick, partly because of quality control and partly because that's how they used to do it in the industry, and that's what the big N wants to stick with.
Wait, and the state of the DSiWare and many of the indie eShop titles isn't a Nintendo-tempered bloatware situation too?
We've got flappy bird clones on the WiiU, angry birds clones on the 3DS, various I-don't-know-who-buys-it megacheap arcadey games...

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
10.5 got released so quickly because 10.4 had a glitch that corrupted SD cards. It is that simple.

Stop it with the useless speculation.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Have a 3DS on firmware 10.4, and make a NAND dump.

Upgrade to 10.5 (Latest)? and make another NAND dump. Compare the dumps to see the changes. (Revert back to 10.4, 9.2, whatever... if desired.)

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's why the appstore is filled with shitty Chinese cash grabs that copy a popular game and throw in 1000000 microtransactions.
Its not like Nintendo is better with any of their "free" games on the EShop. Their IAP model is the most agressive ive seen, games are hideously crippled if you dont pay. Especially Pokemon Picross and Pokemon Shuffle. And Fullblox being free is false advertising. Its very clearly a demo and should be released as a normal game on the eshop with the additional demo download. Free to start does not mean a couple tutorial levels only and then pay. They used the term very loosely.

Last edited by Kaoid,

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
How great would it be if Nintendo had an AppStore like Apple and Android and WindowsPhone - and the devkit was free or cost a little bit. There would be thousands of fully-featured games you could buy for a few dollars. The way to make a system or game last is through user-generated content keeping it fresh. For example, the Elder Scrolls games stay active for ages with the mini devkit they have for users to create their own content and quests. And Minecraft has been popular for years and years.

There would be no motivation to exploit the console for homebrew, and lack of devs for homebrew would set piracy WAY back (most piracy exploits seem to come from discoveries by homebrewing devs).

https://developer.nintendo.com/

HappyzLife

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: