Hacking Is there a Jailbreak for Switch Lite by Softmod?

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if there was one, it wouldn't be made public. Because the person would prefer to save it for the fabled Switch Pro. And not waste it on a Switch Lite/Red box Switch. There are millions of exploitable Switches already out there.

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that switch update 12.2 is crippled, and has problems downloading games. Don’t know what kind of problems, but possibly a ninjahax-like exploit could be used

toniisound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I heard that switch update 12.2 is crippled, and has problems downloading games. Don’t know what kind of problems, but possibly a ninjahax-like exploit could be used
Even if there was a bug in a game in the eshop, we don't have access to the savegame and even if we had access to the savegame, we wouldn't have permissions outside the game.

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On 3ds you could make a homebrew launcher access point in an app, and only in that app, but then later you could get the cfw installer and jailbreak it through the app

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For Ninjahax the save was on the cart, for the switch save data isn't stored on the cart so you can't exploit anything off a cart.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember selling cubic ninja for like $60 or $70 after I no longer needed it. I think I bought it for $25 or so.

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, you have to find a game that uses data from wherever on the switch save data is stored,
For Ninjahax the save was on the cart, for the switch save data isn't stored on the cart so you can't exploit anything off a cart.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe even something like Nintendo labo

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, you have to find a game that uses data from wherever on the switch save data is stored,

Maybe even something like Nintendo labo

Ain't going to happen, considering what happened with 3ds homebrew entrypoints like Ninjahax and oothax.

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe we could get a legit switch update that’s really low firmware. The console would still see it as legit right?

Can you decrypt such things?

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait like a few years if you want a hacked system or just buy an older switch. There will probably be a software exploit in a few years since nothing ever stays "unhackable" and some vulnerabilities and/or insecurities in the firmware will eventually be found that will enable homebrew.

Reactions: Ynovan

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait like a few years if you want a hacked system or just buy an older switch. There will probably be a software exploit in a few years since nothing ever stays "unhackable" and some vulnerabilities and/or insecurities in the firmware will eventually be found that will enable homebrew.
your right.

I guess I’ll just wait, never have been a big fan of modchips

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your right.

I guess I’ll just wait, never have been a big fan of modchips
A large reason for there not being a softmod (imo, I'm sure other modders have looked hard into softmods) is because of how easily you can hack launch model switch systems as they will never loose access to homebrew and is already painfully easy

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hacking in Switch Lite isn't going happen unless it is modchipped.

3DS and Switch Lite aren't same at all.

Your option is... get used Switch that is exploitable if you don't want to put modchip in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality