Homebrew Is there a hombrew for sending game saves wia wifi?

matthes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi everybody.

I wondered if there is any homebrew app for the NDS to send my game saves wia wifi to my pc or any other webserver for doing backups, and the other way round, thus loading saves from a server and saving it to the micro sd card.

Does anybody know about such an homebrew? Thanks in advance!

matthes

matthes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jeah I know, but you misunderstood me (maybe I should have explained it better): I want to send saves from the flashcards SD card to my PC or webserver, not from an original game cartridge!

matthes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I heard about FTP homebrew, but all I found was a FTP server, not a client.
The thing is: I wanted to have my game saves in a central place from where I have access from nearly everywhere. Now, they are stored on my NAS, and I wondered if there is a solution to load them up from DS to the NAS.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I haven't heard of any NAS-compatible software for the DS.
The most I've seen dealing with networking is game/wifi dumping, some IM/IRC service, and FTP for various odds and ends.

The DS's homebrew wifi library is slow (like 14KB slow), which contributes to the lack of people using it for networking things.

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use this FTP server on NDS to send files.
http://devkitpro.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2144

All you need is FTP clients on PC... still easy to setup, isn't it?

anyway,
The DS's homebrew wifi library is slow (like 14KB slow), which contributes to the lack of people using it for networking things.
that's right.
I feel sorry that nintendo didn't use 802.11b at least.
802.11b is 5x faster than 802.11.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, as Rydian said, I don't think there's anything that directly gets you what you want. DSFTP turns the DS into an FTP server, so you can then run an FTP client on your desktop and transfer your saves wirelessly, but to be perfectly honest I don't trust its filesystem handling code and it's corrupted my card several times. Lilou Combox (I think that's the name) also has some FTP stuff, but if I remember correctly it had even worse filesystem handling than DSFTP.

If you have a slot-2 RAM pack supported by DSLinux, there might be a way to access a network share from there.

EDIT: Huh. Lilou Combox might actually work, based on the description on FileTrip. And I've never actually used the program more than once so the whole card-corruption thing could be a complete fabrication of my memory. It's been several years since I looked into it after all.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you could set up a script on irc to send a file and use clirc (nds homebrew irc client) to send/receive files. from what i recall clirc requires a passive network and identd installed.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.