Homebrew Is there a fully operational PS1 emulator for 3ds?

D

Deleted User

probably not, for n3ds i think the retroarch one is vaguely decent I haven't tried any, so i don't know

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently looked at the nightlys and was disappointed that the ps1 retroarch was gone. Either they gave up on it or it will make its way back with 1.4. The last build I got has very bad frame rate :\ N3DS XL btw

Reactions: MarkDarkness

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Or any android phone, but that's not why we're here.
Physical buttons~~~
Seriously, my post is the best advice someone could give. PSPs are dirt cheap and PS1 emulation is amazing on it. It's better buy something that actually works, then wait for something that will most likely never happen.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Physical buttons~~~
Seriously, my post is the best advice someone could give. PSPs are dirt cheap and PS1 emulation is amazing on it. It's better buy something that actually works, then wait for something that will most likely never happen.

Android device plus a gameklip and a dualshock 3 is a pretty good option too. Most people have at least one or two of those three things already.

PSP is a good option as long as you get the most recent models, like the GO, for example. After playing on the PS Vitas lovely OLED, or any modern display panel for that matter, it's not humanely possible to revert back to the terrible ghosting of the early PSP models LCD's :mellow:

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really and I wouldn't hold your breath. Fyi, Front Mission 3 is available on PSP and Vita. I know you are asking probably because you dont have a Vita but I figured I would tell you anyways.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two things I've been thinking about:
Does the SC1K BIOS have a noticeable effect on FPS?
Does having a DSP file help the sound/FPS?

Other than that, anyone have finer details of configs that produce higher FPS? I adjusted BOF III from 44-59FPS to 47.5-59FPS, but didn't save my settings because I was 'jus' funnin' 'round' with Mhz, refresh rates, etc., and didn't think there'd be any change in performance.

Also, haven't tried other games because of FFT (~36-55? FPS) having an unbearable sound glitch and not wanting to convert anything else from .iso to .bin.

KounkinX94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Retroarch 1.3.6 has the last version of pcsx (ps1 emulator) runs decent some games, crash bandicoot works fine but sound in all games is crappy. And anyone in this thread can give a direct answer for the question instead of say "buy a psp/vita", this is a 3ds thread not a psp/vita thread

Last edited by KounkinX94,
Reactions: MarkDarkness

KounkinX94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i agree that is better to play ps1 games in a psp/vita (in fact i have a psp) but not every one has the money for buy it.
and yes, apparently the retroarch team is not continuing the emulator

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why people keep expecting a nintendo system to play a playstation emulator. :P

Nintendo systems are no where near as powerful as playstation consoles, which i think would require least twice the power of the original system to emulate if not 3 times. I vote with @Crystal the Glaceon Get a playstation system. Either that or nividia sheild android. It has buttons just like XBOX Playstation controller and epsxe latest version does emulate very well. :)

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why people keep expecting a nintendo system to play a playstation emulator. :P

Nintendo systems are no where near as powerful as playstation consoles, which i think would require least twice the power of the original system to emulate if not 3 times. I vote with @Crystal the Glaceon Get a playstation system. Either that or nividia sheild android. It has buttons just like XBOX Playstation controller and epsxe latest version does emulate very well. :)
the n3ds is comparable to a gamecube, so definitely much more powerful than a ps1 (maybe even 3x more so, but comparisons are never perfect)

The reason the ps1 emulator will never be perfected is lack of interest.

carrieshot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently went from 1.3.6 to the nightly 1.7.1, I didn't expect it to run any games at all as older builds after 1.3.6 would crash. So far I see alot of different between the versions. So far everything I tried runs smoother for the ones I originally already had been playing. I hope people will continue to work on the ps1 emulator, if not I could always go for the GPD XD instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock