Is there a fix to stop unwrapping everytime I go into emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by r4izuk0, Jan 19, 2015.

1. r4izuk0
    OP

r4izuk0 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    I'm on 4.2 sysnand and 9.4 emunand. The weird part is the 3 cia games I transferred by devmenu, only one saved and didnt need unwrapping each time, except for only 2 games which needs unwrapping each time.

2. Hihomaster

Hihomaster GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2008
    France
    Yes you have to unlink your sysnand from your emunand there is a guide in the board just check it

3. Ray305

Ray305 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2012
    United States
    When I install a CIA file in emuNAND, and I reboot, I need to unwrap it every time.
    This is a known issue and is caused by your sysNAND and emuNAND being linked, therefore they will need to be unlinked. To do this, you will need to format your sysNAND with your SD card removed. You should keep all of your saves and eShop games on the SD card for use on emuNAND.

thorasgar likes this.
  4. r4izuk0
    OP

r4izuk0 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    Thanks, will do. Won't I need the SD card to boot the gateway exploit? Or launch it then take out the card?

5. jscjml

jscjml Monster Hunter

Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    Las Vegas
    You format either your SysNAND or your EmuNAND with your SD card (NOT the gateway SD) taken out of the 3ds. This way it doesnt wipe your SD card, which has the launcher on it.

6. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada

You will have to format the system, I say this unwrapping thing isn't as bad to go through the trouble of formatting the system.

7. r4izuk0
    OP

r4izuk0 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    I have to start a new game each time I unwrap for some reason. I'm still very new to this gateway thing, to format the sysnand, I need to launch the exploit? But isn't the gateway launcher from the SD card?

8. r4izuk0
    OP

r4izuk0 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    nvm, I found it lol, thanks