Homebrew Question is there a faster alternative to FTP?

dude1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
this is a big 1st world problem but here goes...

i hate having to not only remove the case off my switch but hate that when you remove the SD card it forces a reboot.
so FTP (eventhough its god awfully slow) has been nice to transfer games and big files too my switch.
but then i think of for example my apple devices, hackintoshes etc. and using direct wifi and/or bluetooth filesharing via airdrop or pcs locally using bittorent sync etc.
they can transfer files significantly faster.

are there any homebrew apps that can do faster transfers than FTP?
logically 802.11x or bluetooth 4+ is relatively equivalent so the slowness of the speeds would come down to the protocol being used by those network devices, yes? if so is anyone working on something? i assume im not the only one plagued by slow FTP that wants to live a wireless lifestyle.

TLDR: i want a faster way to wirelessly transfer data to the switch is there one?

dude1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
what you're asking for is better ftp
in a manner of speaking sure.

im basically saying the slowness logically wouldnt be due to the hardware it would be the software in this case FTP protocol.

if someone has a magical way to make it faster sure, but i think it more likely someone is/was or will be working on a client to client faster transfer program based on a faster protocol like we see with other devices that would utilize the same networking hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.