st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
I guess he's using a private trick devised by someone else, so all he can do is post pics.

wtf ? kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

GW 1.0 Based.

I don't have gateway, i like RE and study about security, so it was a good thing to learn, of course i had some hint(#3dsdev), but GW 1.0 and ARM/C Knowledge is very useful to do it.

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtf ? kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

GW 1.0 Based.

I don't have gateway, i like RE and study about security, so it was a good thing to learn, of course i had some hint(#3dsdev), but GW 1.0 and ARM/C Knowledge is very useful to do it.

so wait i know gw blocked it but if we used a Launcher.dat that is v1.0 is it not blocked?

Reactions: pedrobarca

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
wait so is st4rk working on a CIA installer?

I doubt he'd like to publicly support making piracy easier. :rofl:

so wait i know gw blocked it but if we used a Launcher.dat that is v1.0 is it not blocked?

EDIT: He modified it to load roms to his liking. In this case, he loaded the dev menu and installed it straight to his 3DS.

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country

He said it's 'based on' 1.0, which means it's modified to allow him to install .cais and whatever else.

I doubt he'd like to publicly support making piracy easier. :rofl:

I'm still hoping someone does. It wouldn't make piracy too much easier, since you still need to source a 3DS on 4.5, and it'd stop DRM hardware manufacturers from profiteering off piracy.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if this helps anyone or anything of making CIA files run on gw but heres the hashes from their past launchers (which are still on the web ;) )
You officially must be fucking brain dead posting live links on here. Dont post links to copyrighted content!

loco365

Trophies
XP
Honestly, having a .CIA installer would be nice, because it'd mean that companies can't profit off of this by charging insane prices for hardware. But at the same time, if that happens, it'll be left to the community to produce further updates because as soon as Nintendo introduces a new encryption, it'll instantly break something with emuNAND. And if the Gateway team isn't working on updates anymore because they've closed up shop/are out of business, who will?

D

Deleted User

Honestly, having a .CIA installer would be nice, because it'd mean that companies can't profit off of this by charging insane prices for hardware. But at the same time, if that happens, it'll be left to the community to produce further updates because as soon as Nintendo introduces a new encryption, it'll instantly break something with emuNAND. And if the Gateway team isn't working on updates anymore because they've closed up shop/are out of business, who will?

Just came in to say this. 1000x times this. Don't bite the hand that feeds you!

Also for the amount of support Gateway team has provided, it already paid for the high price. Your bakery isn't selling breads for free either. Also, GW prices have been dropping lately, they're almost as low as clone prices now...

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
True enough that having a paid company do the hard work then just REing their stuff makes the job easier, but it also throws out the window any possible argument of morality in being anti-piracy, as you're knowingly using the work of and relying on a company profiting from piracy.

loco365

Trophies
XP
True enough that having a paid company do the hard work then just REing their stuff makes the job easier, but it also throws out the window any possible argument of morality in being anti-piracy, as you're knowingly using the work of and relying on a company profiting from piracy.

You don't have to buy their hardware though. If you were really determined to, you'd probably work and come up with your own solution so that you wouldn't have to shovel out a pile of money to the Gateway team for a flashcard (If I could, I would, although I might soon have some money to get a Gateway card).

Also, similarly, there's also DS flashcards. Each one of those companies (Team Acekard, Team Cyclops, etc etc) also profited from piracy, however, their products were also not solely for piracy, as there was homebrew for them. At this point in time, there isn't much in the way of 3DS homebrew yet.

json I have a 20% discount coupon for eachmall, and their Gateways are just shy of $60. That means, with my coupon, I'm paying juuuuuust under $50 for a Gateway. Problem is, I don't have funds yet. It is nice though, that the price is beginning to drop.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just came in to say this. 1000x times this. Don't bite the hand that feeds you!

Also for the amount of support Gateway team has provided, it already paid for the high price. Your bakery isn't selling breads for free either. Also, GW prices have been dropping lately, they're almost as low as clone prices now...

It's better the way it is now with only people who have technical know how being able to set it up. It's not consumer friendly so Nintendo isn't actively fighting it. Also, The average flashcard user can't follow basic instructions to set up emunand so what makes them think making something like this wide spread is a good idea. If downloading games and crap to your SD really mattered to them then they would try to better themselves instead of all this "Gimme gimme, stop being selfish" behavior. As for Gateway, why should they allow something that would kill their buisness. In the words of the Joker "If your good at something, never do it free". I myself don't mind paying for Gateway as I originally bought GW just to play games in NA. Everything else after august 2013 that they have released is just icing on the cake.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

All it can do is install in 4.5 firmware, and I don't know if it's sysnand or emunand.

D

Deleted User

I guess your perspective is a bit skewed as you probably got a flashcard when DS homebrew long existed. But before all that happened there was the Passme device which allowed homebrew to run. Soon after the first flashcard came which was actually just a Gameboy Advance flashcard (SLOT-2), and it's sole purpose was piracy just like Gateway. It ran a few homebrew for DS, just like Gateway now.

The existence of these flashcards allowed homebrew to become ubiquitous and ultimately bring it to a wide audience (pirates)...

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah I think it's a good thing that GW get some money cause they can work on this full time and bring great features. I would really like if they could give us a .cia installer in a future update :P it could do a GW card chek to be able to launch any installed .cia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anN2kPO0prY