OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the nsmb2 cia can be converted with makerom using the command
makerom -ciatocci romname.cia
rename the outputted .cci to .3ds and your good to go......dlc on the other hand, not so much

i keep getting the following message Failed to decrypt CIA content: 0xe825c117

Reactions: pedrobarca
D

Deleted User

They just need to use the exheader from mset and they can have CSND like mset. The default gw_workaround.rsf has the same properties like a retail game where you need to talk with the dsp (which also works but ctrulib does not support that yet).

So if anything ctrulib just needs to support sound like any normal 3ds game does ...

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
They just need to use the exheader from mset and they can have CSND like mset. The default gw_workaround.rsf has the same properties like a retail game where you need to talk with the dsp (which also works but ctrulib does not support that yet).

So if anything ctrulib just needs to support sound like any normal 3ds game does ...

Yeah because reverse engineering the DSP is that easy.... It also requires RSA signed binaries which means we can't use our own code on the DSP anyway. So don't hold your breath on libctru supporting DSP any time soon.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

i don't know if the mset one is the right one to use, as devmenu needs different service access

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Would it potentially be as straightforward for Gateway to patch the signature check for the DSP binaries as for the other checks they patch? Just as a hypothetical..

Sure but that doesn't make reverse engineering the DSP any easier... It's just as easy for Gateway to patch the exheader signature check...

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gateway could very well allow CIA installation on EMUNAND v8+, since it still requires the red cart in order to be used.
People with the private 'CFWs' can only use v4.5.

Also I'm curious as how can we install CIAs larger than 4GB to the FAT32 NAND.

Reactions: pedrobarca

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pics or it didn't happen

BRC3lWM.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1