Hardware Is the Xbox One actually good now?

Is the Xbone good again?

• Yes

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 66.7%

• Total voters

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lolcatformer

I love steam, I don't play console if that's what you were implying.

What I'm implying is that you are overreacting there a little bit, especially when there are other large companies that also use internet-connection-required DRM schemes (one of which you use).

You are more than welcome to your opinion, but I think comparing Microsoft to Nazi's is going a little to far and honestly asking for trouble. A previous thread on this topic took another certain metaphor way to far.

Reactions: Ethevion

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If by "actually" you mean "still not", then yes, but wow that would be an odd thing to mean by actually.

The whole forced kinect thing still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, for one.

Lestworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you are comparing a software company that would have made you verify licenses to videogames once a day to a group of people that committed genocide, killing millions of people?

Nice.

I'd hate to see your reaction to using Steam.

Do you even KNOW how many people have hacked steam for free games from someones profile?

Lestworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Says the guy who wants technology to move forward.

"Points towards steam." If they can pull it off like that. However we do not know. So much "facts" that have been spread on this website and most of it has been false because people refuse to read up on it. People actually believe the family share plan would mean they could share retail games with friends in their family share plan .... Really? you actually think that -.-.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
"Points towards steam." If they can pull it off like that. However we do not know. So much "facts" that have been spread on this website and most of it has been false because people refuse to read up on it. People actually believe the family share plan would mean they could share retail games with friends in their family share plan .... Really? you actually think that -.-.
The main difference here is that PC games can be played on any PC. A console game is not playable (most of the times) on any other console than the one it was created for. That creates a problem for online DRM on the console side.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
amaz1ng top lel joke

it isn't even out yet, and you're already asking if it's good

how the fuck are we meant to know

Do you even KNOW how many people have hacked steam for free games from someones profile?

Do you mean some 12 year old finds out their friends steam password?

and why the emphasis on KNOW? I think if you wanted to emphasise the amount of people 'MANY' would be a better choice here.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Xbox One is bad because DRM is a band-wagon word which calls the gaming community to pull out pitchforks and torches at what or who ever dare uses it, never mind the fact that maybe 6 or 7 percent of them (talking general gaming community, not just the people on this site.) actually can know what the word means without opening another tab to Wikipedia so they sound smart.

Its like with Windows 8, learn how to hit the Win key, whole fucking OS becomes pretty fucking amazing. But people would rather ride their wagon off a cliff.

_V1qY

Trophies
XP
Country
The XBox One's stupid polices really were bad, and it's good that they are addressing them; but it's obvious that no matter what they do to it at this point, it will never push it above the PS4, simply because the XBox One has worse specs, and costs more money. Add this to the fact that the XBox One has a really bad reputation already since it announced all of those DRM, always online, Kinect always on, no sharing games polices. It will simply sell less units than the PS4, and it will thus have less money to invest in updates, and less producers will be interested in developing for it.

These are the facts, and if what's left of the XBox fanboys try and contradict me, they are simply lying.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It does look a little better for the Xbox One now. However, after they have removed all the crap that they had and removed the need for kinect at all, what you actually have now is something very similar to the PS4, but at over 20% more of the cost.

So to me it still doesnt seem like something I would buy over the PS4 considering it now looks like they will both be released within weeks if not days of each other.

When you factor in that you have to pay to use both online but yet one has things like instant game collection and this streaming thing for PS3 games, my money is still only going to Sony this time round and nothing has changed that

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Who cares what others think about anything, if you like the Xbone then you can't go wrong with the buy. Never listen to anyone on the internet about anything in life, its liking asking a plumber what meds you should be on.

Reactions: Ethevion

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going with no for me because personally I'm not all that into the exclusives and I don't like the mandatory Kinect and upped price because of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: impossible thing accomplished today lol