Is the Xbox One actually good now?

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Speedster, Jul 26, 2013.

?

Is the Xbone good again?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Speedster
    OP

Speedster Hack ALL THE THINGS

Apr 13, 2013
    United States
    With all of the policy removals and being able to self-publish games, do you think that the Xbone is good now, and that the PS4 might have competition (not saying the Wii U is bad, it's just in a different field when it comes to power and hardcore games.)?

2. Rockhoundhigh

Rockhoundhigh Man with a mission

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    Southern California
    I'm pretty sure because this is the internet people will still say otherwise but at this point I think the differences between the PS4 and Xbox One are completely superficial at best. Just exclusives and minor features as usual. At this point PS4 is sitting pretty on all the free good press it received while Microsoft is still stuck on damage control but I think once the early adopters are out of the way the Xbox One will be able to compete and the regular fanboy console war will continue. Correct me if I missed what policies they haven't reverted yet.

calmwaters and Bobbyloujo like this.
  3. CrimzonEyed

CrimzonEyed GBAtemp Addict

Sep 3, 2007
    Meh I don't really care about the console itself just that Microsoft as a company showed us their true face. True they have removed a ton of policy's. But they didn't do it because they wanted to, it's because they was almost forced to do so. The fact that they even though about those kind of policy's make me never wanna give a coin to Microsoft again.

BAHIM Z 360 and Ergo like this.
  4. Arm73

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    Now that they are almost on par with memory usage as well, I'd say multiplatform games should be nearly identical on both systems anyway, so it comes down to your first party choices as usual.

5. Nah3DS

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    Again? it was never good to begin with
    and no... the Xbone still makes babies cry

6. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Hardware wise I can't say I was ever impressed, the forced Kinect in the package just increases the price needlessly, the games shown off so far haven't made me think I need this...but I am sure someone will get enjoy what it offers

7. BAHIM Z 360

BAHIM Z 360 B-but I'm not a new member :(

Nov 9, 2008
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Teh Amala Labyrinth
    It will be good if they get rid of the Kinect and never mention it again.

8. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Sep 23, 2010
    Canada
    It was always good.

9. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    XBoner

10. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    Personally, I never had an issue with the restrictions that were being put in place to begin with. I found them to be reasonable conceits to allow the platform to move forward. While not supporting the console in a number of countries at launch was definitely a bad idea, I can't see how anyone would have had an issue syncing a bit of data with Microsoft everyday.

The removal of the DRM (and the features that had to go with it) was actually a pretty big negative for me. I would've considered getting the console when a "must have" game was released for it just so I could interact with the ecosystem. Now, however, it just seems like more of the exact same thing we've had for 6-7 years already, except with better graphics.

With this being the case, and with most "hardcore" titles being cross-platform with PC, I see little reason to purchase this console now.

11. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    An extra $100 for a weaker console with forced Kinect integration? No way, Jose.

It's a much, much, much better deal than it was before, but it still isn't really good. Maybe once the price comes down and it attracts some good games (the lineup so far is pretty uninspired, with maybe a few exceptions here and there) it'll be worthwhile, but that's going to take a while.

the_randomizer likes this.
  12. Speedster
    OP

Speedster Hack ALL THE THINGS

Apr 13, 2013
    United States
    Oops, I double posted the thread. Feel free to lock this, mods.

13. wrettcaughn

wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Considering people were up in arms over how they saw those policies playing out in theory rather than in practice, I'm not sure any of the hate was actually justified. For all we know, Sony could have been on the same page as MS in that regard, but they also had the benefit of loose tongues and poorly articulated policy at MS.

I'd never drop more than $300 on a toy, so both consoles are out of the question for me... Grown-up expenses and such, you know... Though, the fact that XB1 has some functionality beyond just playing games makes it a little more enticing than the alternatives to those who can appreciate that evolution.

14. Mantis41

Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 3, 2009
    United States
    earth
    To be fair they look about 50/50 possibly with the PS4 with slightly better hardware. As I said in a thread a few weeks ago I am going to upgrade my PC first and wait for the dust to settle on this one. I will then probably buy which ever has the best exclusives. This could even be a be a WiiU if the other two do not have decent exclusives that I can't play on PC. One thing I do know is I am only buying 1 console this time around.

15. Lestworth

Lestworth GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2013
    United States
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

As for is the xbox one good now? Yeah, its good NOW, but they ruined the trust of anyone that was thinking about it. People who supported the features were game developers (due to all the restrictions, it helps in security) and future nuts who believe anything new is the best thing in the world, period.

16. LegendAssassinF

LegendAssassinF GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 12, 2012
    United States
    Princeton, New Jersey
    It is better but still I don't see any games that are great for it yet... KI is the only one I see myself buying but even that is a bit hard to push when Rare isn't making it and even if they were it has been ages since they made a fighting game would rather them stick to Kinect Sports lol

17. king_leo

king_leo Real Hero

Sep 12, 2009
    De RigueurMortis
    Think of it like this:
    Nazi's ask for your money (To support their crimes), you obviously say no.

Nazi's offer you milk and cookies this time, you would still say no.

Just because the offer is better, doesn't mean the cause is right.

18. AngryGeek416

AngryGeek416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 17, 2012
    Argentina
    Says the guy living under a rock, in a cave, on the moon, with his eyes closed and his fingers in his ears.

Kippykip likes this.
  19. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    So you are comparing a software company that would have made you verify licenses to videogames once a day to a group of people that committed genocide, killing millions of people?

Nice.

I'd hate to see your reaction to using Steam.

Ethevion likes this.
  20. king_leo

king_leo Real Hero

Sep 12, 2009
    De RigueurMortis
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lolcatformer

I love steam, I don't play console if that's what you were implying.