Is the Wide Boy 64 AGB/CGB worth looking for if you just want to play GBA/GBC games on your N64?

TeeR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just asking whether it'd be worth looking for one if the sole reason was to play GBA/GBC games on your N64, as it is really rare and expensive. And what is the average price for a Wide-Boy 64 CGB or AGB? If it's always something outside of £100 then to me it wouldn't be worth it.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save your money and just get a Gamecube and Gameboy Player. If you really want to play with an n64 controller, first see a psychologist, and second, I'm sure there's some sort of adapter that will let you do this.

Reactions: cherryw17

TeeR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think that's a good investment. Man they are like $700-$3000! I'd wait for someone to clone it first. That would be much cheaper.
I would, if it's physically possible, which I hope it is (I made a previous topic on that issue...)
You could try the terrible GB Hunter.
If it played GBC-Exclusive games like Super Mario Bros Deluxe, then I might get it anyway. I would need a replacement if the Super Gameboy didn't work on the Tri-Star 64 (which I've heard it has and heard it hasn't), but that's another topic. I just wonder if it's worth getting one since I already had the GameBoy Player and just want to play it on the N64, although part of the reason of getting the GBPlayer was in case I couldn't get the Wide Boy 64.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I would, if it's physically possible, which I hope it is (I made a previous topic on that issue...)

If it played GBC-Exclusive games like Super Mario Bros Deluxe, then I might get it anyway. I would need a replacement if the Super Gameboy didn't work on the Tri-Star 64 (which I've heard it has and heard it hasn't), but that's another topic. I just wonder if it's worth getting one since I already had the GameBoy Player and just want to play it on the N64, although part of the reason of getting the GBPlayer was in case I couldn't get the Wide Boy 64.
Won't it be the same playing it on the N64 or the NGC? I don't think the WideBoy 64 would be a good investment at that price even if it was the last device in the world that could play GBC/GBA games.

gusmento01

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Unfortunately it doesn't support GBC games, only GB games but it does support SGB borders

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock