Is the Wide Boy 64 AGB/CGB worth looking for if you just want to play GBA/GBC games on your N64?

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by TeeR, Feb 27, 2013.

1. TeeR
    OP

TeeR GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2012
    I'm just asking whether it'd be worth looking for one if the sole reason was to play GBA/GBC games on your N64, as it is really rare and expensive. And what is the average price for a Wide-Boy 64 CGB or AGB? If it's always something outside of £100 then to me it wouldn't be worth it.

2. Coltonamore

Coltonamore Time to stop Tron Bonne!

Sep 22, 2011
    United States
    Kattelox Island
    I don't think that's a good investment. Man they are like $700-$3000! I'd wait for someone to clone it first. That would be much cheaper.

3. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Save your money and just get a Gamecube and Gameboy Player. If you really want to play with an n64 controller, first see a psychologist, and second, I'm sure there's some sort of adapter that will let you do this.

cherryw17 likes this.
  4. gusmento01

gusmento01 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 5, 2009
    Brazil
    Brasilia
    You could try the terrible GB Hunter.

5. TeeR
    OP

TeeR GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2012
    I would, if it's physically possible, which I hope it is (I made a previous topic on that issue...)
    If it played GBC-Exclusive games like Super Mario Bros Deluxe, then I might get it anyway. I would need a replacement if the Super Gameboy didn't work on the Tri-Star 64 (which I've heard it has and heard it hasn't), but that's another topic. I just wonder if it's worth getting one since I already had the GameBoy Player and just want to play it on the N64, although part of the reason of getting the GBPlayer was in case I couldn't get the Wide Boy 64.

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Won't it be the same playing it on the N64 or the NGC? I don't think the WideBoy 64 would be a good investment at that price even if it was the last device in the world that could play GBC/GBA games.

7. gusmento01

gusmento01 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 5, 2009
    Brazil
    Brasilia
    Unfortunately it doesn't support GBC games, only GB games but it does support SGB borders