Is the touch screen replaceable?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Red_Dragon_JPN, Jan 23, 2008.

Jan 23, 2008
  1. Red_Dragon_JPN
    OP

Newcomer Red_Dragon_JPN Member

United Kingdom
    I'm in a touchscreen problem myself, but it's kinda different. Through the constant abuse of Osu Tatakae Ouedan 1+2 and Elite Beat Agent on insane mode, my touch screen's is scratched to fuck. I even have issues when I try to spin the wheel in the game it seems like there is stylus to screen problems (like there is something broken behind the screen even though the screen is fine). Cut a long story short... is there any cheap affordable way of getting the touchscreen replaced or replacing it yourself.

2. qwertyasdf

Newcomer qwertyasdf Advanced Member

Canada
    Yea they're replaceable, and it's pretty easy actually. Just go to http://www.emvee.ca, pick up a replacement module and a screwdriver, then go to Youtube to find a video of someone replacing one!

3. Kingwad

Newcomer Kingwad Advanced Member

Canada
    divineo.com also has replacement touch screens, for the NDSL anyway. Unfortunately divineo.co.uk doesn't have them right now, but shop around.

edit: Don't forget to get a tri-wing screwdriver while you're at it. Nintendo likes to throw a couple "proprietary" screws in their stuff, but anywhere that sells the touch screen will sell the screwdriver too.